Croydonboy

driver side door handle!

I have changed my drivers side door hanle as when i got the car it was snapped! the new handle is fitted but still will not open and really need a good tug to get it open any ideas to what i need to do or is the second hand handle i bought had it as well, im normally pretty good a stuff like this but this ones got me stumped!! cheers??

Could be that the replacement handle is on it's way out too. Have a look at the striker arm (the bit that usually breaks) to see if it's bent.

I'm sure they're not adjustable, it's just a plastic cap. Have a good look at it, there maybe some distortion somewhere.

you neead to greese the handle mech up and then lock mech attatched to the door then, ajdust the the door pin with a 15mm spanner. should be like new in 10 mins

---------- Post added at 08:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 PM ----------

i put new pins on mine from the dealers, didnt cost much. worked a treat

I have tried a few things now! definetly no ajustment and theres no 15mm spanner adjustment for the door pin on mine i have a 2l 16v. I have noticed the inside door clip to hold the centre section in is missing maybe thats my problem? thanks for the ideas! :D