Sign in to follow this  
tinsman

engine swap

this summer comming up i was thinking about putting a new engine in my vr. any sugestions? im thinking a newer corrado 2.9 liter. and sugestions would be nice. if anyone has done this.. let me know how it went.

bear in mind too that the 2.9 VR is a Europe/RoW engine and was never used in the USA/North American markets so finding one will be a bit of a nigthmare for you......especially as at the end of the day you are only really speaking about a less than 20-ish BHP increase......fair enough if you engine was goosed then its maybe an idea to think about.....but if your engne is perfectly ok and servicable i would think about trying to tune that rather than go to the extreme of doing an engine swap

yea.. i think i changed my mind. i have 125k on my engine now, so i think i might do a rebuild. somthing i really dont know much about. i think i have about 3k to spend... any sugestions?

shrick manifold (thanks to vr6storm), cams, chipped. You'll have to do alot to spend 3k. Emm... supercharger would help get rid of all that dosh. Think its about 2 grand these days for doing that.

hope that helps.

timo

Why dont you get hold of the bigger 2.9 pistons and spend the money and a good quality engine rebuild

Get everything fully balanced and ported and if should be working fine :)

could i put the 2.9 pistons in my 2.8 engine? what goes into a engine rebuild.. could someone hook me up with a site to get this stuff... i dont know much about doing it. i wanna make my engine newer and maybe prep it for a someday turbo. any help would be nice. thanks :D

if you'r going to go for an over bore, go for a full on high compression 3.1 with 276 cams, it'll be a beast.