Jim Bowen

Caliper Colour Pictures please

am going to re paint my calipers, (seems the hammerite didn't last too well), was going to buy the folia tec stuff, but not sure what colour to get.

at the moment i have black, and should really just buy black again, but tempted to pick something else, maybe silver?

iirc goldie had red calipers, but struggling to find his photos, anyone else got photos of theirs for ideas?

DSC01509.jpg

DSC01515.jpg

Black or silver would be my preference. A bright colour would look good if the wheel is full of brakes like your pic above, 17s would make the brakes look too small. Skud VRS have green calipers with 312mm brakes with 17s and look good, the 229mm rears would look poo on the same car IMO.

I went for black and purple to match the KW's i got. Looks good in bright light

[ATTACH=CONFIG]48662[/ATTACH]

Hamerite isn't the stuff you need though mate. I'd try these folk

http://www.vhtpaint.com/index.html

Or.. if your never likely to cook the brakes you could try 2pak paint, you get an infinate range of colours. But tbh At some point your brakes are going to get hot regardless of how you drive.... so i'd go with the VHT stuff.

I had a choice when I bought mine !

I went with black,I didn't want to draw attention to them ! 52848b67-dd32-2e71.jpg

I think Alex has the best colour calipers ! Soo sexy

They look the biz Matt. What you got, Cayenne calipers, carriers... what discs?

Cheers buddy,

Yep Cayenne calipers, one-off hi-grade steel carriers and Leon Cupra R 323mm discs.

personally if you have standardish calipers i would stick to black or silver, only when you have proper big brakes you do them in a bright colour.

Silver is a great choice and look fresh but after a little use even with some regular cleaning build up of dust becomes evident in hard to reach crevices plus any re-emerging rust becomes obvious. ( Forth Bridge maintenance regime required to keep looking mint) Black looks equally stock and not surprisingly is easier to keep clean

argh, so hard to choose, was set on silver till i read OSV's comment.

think i'm going to stick to black again

I've just bought some flourescent Orange Caliper paint...

Haha that's brilliant. Can't wait to see pics. What brakes are you painting?

Well thats the funny part, they're just standard 16v ones but i've got a new rear n/s caliper to go on so i'm going to do that one to start with so i'll be driving round with one 'lairy' caliper till i can get time to do the others :D