robo22sri

sunroof issue! well screw issue!

I was wondering if anyone knew if the screw in the pic goes to the sunroof mech?

its nicely cross bloody threaded and spinning the captive nut around!

a0bc5cae.jpg

I want to fit a moon roof any way and the motor is dead! i have power to the controller but not sure what wires are what to check the controller is functioning fine

cheers Rob

Had mine apart enough times to be able to help ,but the pic is very blurry . If you have the motor in your hand with the connection box still plugged in you can see the cog spinning back and forth ,doing what it does to open close and tilt . The other wire is for the light .

Had mine apart enough times to be able to help ,but the pic is very blurry . If you have the motor in your hand with the connection box still plugged in you can see the cog spinning back and forth ,doing what it does to open close and tilt . The other wire is for the light .

the cog does nothing, so i know the motor is a duff

the problem i have is the left hand screw that holds the motor to the frame has been cross threaded in :( but does that screw go into the sunroof frame or is it into the roof?

It screws into a removable plastic piece that sits just under the wind deflector, to remove it the deflector needs to be in the tilted position. I had exactly the same problem last week, I repaired mine but you can get a replacement from the dealer.

To remove the sunroof panel you need to tilt it to access the 2 screws each side. To remove the sunroof cassette you have to drop the headlining to gain access to the mounting bolts.