Crispy Squirrel

Mud Flaps / guards

I'd like to add some to the 8v. I've seen the raft listed on ebay but am unsure of what they'll fit like. Anybody have experience/comments of aftermarket ones ? If so, which are the best ?

I have some on mine but think they are aftermarket - never had any complaints. Have a look in my member's gallery thread

attachment.php?attachmentid=46589&d=1304503890

Here's a photo of someones ^^^ above with mud flaps , not sure if i'm so keen after seeing someones with flaps,

they look good , but it kinda makes the car look older with them ? !

That's mine - yeah, looks a bit off, but keeps the car clean. I might take them off when I get the H&R 30mm springs fitted.

I have some Quantum ones on mine, You can find some on ebay, usually listed as Audi items, I think some Audi 80 or Golf mk2 ones will fit, you'll have to Google that.

I have standard ride height so it actually does a good job of hiding the fact that its really high especially in rear view!

dsc2077k.jpg

dsc2084x.jpg

I have some Quantum ones on mine, You can find some on ebay, usually listed as Audi items, I think some Audi 80 or Golf mk2 ones will fit, you'll have to Google that.

I have standard ride height so it actually does a good job of hiding the fact that its really high especially in rear view!

dsc2077k.jpg

dsc2084x.jpg

sorry to restart this thread , but would like to know if you used the audi 80 or the golf ones, and did you have to modify them to fit

thanks in advance

They were fitted by the dealer from new, so don't know which ones were used, but I've heard that the rear ones for a Golf MkII/III fit. Don't quote me on that though, just what I read on Vortex a few months ago

Had the Quantum ones fitted to my 16V for about eight years,took them off when I lowered it,thats when I discovered they had made the arch lip rust through,maybe something to keep an eye on if you have them?

Preview

Rather than Quantum, these mudflaps are Votex.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]54033[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]54037[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]54041[/ATTACH]

The front are Passat 97 onwards (front), part no. 3B0 075 111.

the rear are Passat Lim. 94 onwards (rear), part no. 3A5 075 101 .

Whether they are still around, who knows. Have seen some on Ebay recently in the last 6 months being sold new in the packet.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]54045[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]54049[/ATTACH]

In addition, to attach the rear mudflaps, a set of four "U" clamps are needed, the type tightened by a small bolt.

Purplebaghera - Luckily, I took off the Quantum mudflaps years ago before any rust developed, and I just had to touch up the protective paint on the wheelarch. I think I still have them lying around somewhere??

RW1 - The Votex ones look good, I had similar ones on my MK2 Golf GTI.

For a daily they do keep the car cleaner (good job as that's what they are supposed to do!!) but I would advise taking them off every year to clean the mud build up between flap and metal and check that all is OK.

I had them on my original Storm, dealer fitted etc etc but they were not removed until the car was 10+ years old and a little damage was under way.