dr_mat

Would you sell your Corrado to this man...?

I thought I'd share this little story.. I got back from hols the other day to find a scrawled note pinned to the front door. It said:

"I called round to ask if your Scirroco is for sale. Give me a call when you're back. Chris."

The car was on the drive at the time. I checked: its "Corrado" badge was still intact on the back... ;-)

Thought you'd vanished dr_mat - glad to see you're still around! Amusingly mine got called a Scirocco today - but it was whilst a work colleague was complimenting me on the car so whilst I did correct him, I did so politely ;)

"I called round to ask if your Scirroco is for sale. Give me a call when you're back. Chris."

Phone him up to correct him and point him in the direction of the forum! The clasifieds could do with some new folk browsing.

I got a note on mine while it was at the garage getting fixed that had the same sort of thing but the garage had scribbled out the Sirocco and written corrado instead :)

They only want Sciroccos because they see the new one out there on the roads .. I thought the Corrado was going to quietly disappear into the mists of time ..

---------- Post added at 05:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 PM ----------

Thought you'd vanished dr_mat - glad to see you're still around! Amusingly mine got called a Scirocco today - but it was whilst a work colleague was complimenting me on the car so whilst I did correct him, I did so politely ;)

Yep, still here. Had a busy year or so and the Corrado has dropped to the back of a long list of things to think about. I hardly ever drive it, for a start! MOTs come and go and the first four digits stay the same on the mileometer..

Really need to get the few rust spots on the car tidied up before it's too late and do a few other jobs too. My Schrick manifold hasn't fully worked since about two years ago - needs a replacement control valve or something, never found the time or interest to sort it out..

It does, on the other hand, still raise a grin when absolutely necessary. :) And when it's not *absolutely* necessary aswell! :)