8vMatt

New Gear Knob? Maybe.....

Hi guys, During my talks with the company that has sent me the headlight switches, I asked them for a catalog of all their VW parts they make. Looking through it, I saw a potential leather gear knob that had an OEM number starting with 535. That's a Corrado prefix isn't it? If that is the right knob for us (oo-er!) Would anyone want one? Are they still available from VW? If so, how much are they? Let us know what you think. Cheers.

The leather ones were available from VW about 12 months ago (I bought one). I don't have the number to hand but it was pricey, I think it came in at about £27.

Hmmm, sounds quite pricey then. I'm sure I could get them better than that. I'll email the company for details over the weekend and see what the score is. Might not even be able to get them. Could someone find the part number please?

Hmmm, sounds quite pricey then. I'm sure I could get them better than that. I'll email the company for details over the weekend and see what the score is. Might not even be able to get them. Could someone find the part number please?

On Vagcat it appears to be 357 711 141A but perhaps someone who has bought one recently can check that?

Ian.

I've had another look and the VW number is 191 711 141B. Can someone find out what car this was fitted to please?

caddy 83 - 92

Scirocco / Corrado 79 - 95

Golf 79 - 92

Jetta, Passats and Polos too...

they are the "plastic" knobs, not the leather ones as far as i can tell on ETKA...

i got mine off ebay was about £30 delivered, but was a while ago and think it came from Germany, i didn't realise you could buy them from VW....lol

The leather VR6 ones are definitely 357711141A1BX. I paid £36 for one (VAG) in March this year and it was worth every penny!

I will have a look at my receipt over the weekend and confirm the part number of the one I bought.

The leather gear knob I bought in July was £29.99 + VAT. The part number was V357 711 141 A 1BX

I've not progressed this as all that was on offer was the plastic knob. I didn't think there would be much interest in them. Tell me if I'm wrong.