carrots

metal water hose on front of a 1990 kr engine

i think my metal water hose on the front of my 1990 kr engine has a small hole in it so i am looking for one.must be good tho.cheers

Edited by carrots

Same here im after one, any idea what are they called boost monkey so i can get one ordered??

Hi carrots. you can have the one i have for a tenner inc the postage. i may have another one,once i have taken it of the corrado i'm breaking

Let me know thanks rod

That one posted with the ebay link is for a carb engine and the one for the gti is only for the 8v. Not sure if they are the same or not?

I'm a bit dubious about mk2 ones fitting as none had the 02A gearbox (except mk2 G60) and the pipe should attach to the front engine mount bracket which is 02A specific.

The pipe connections vary too, with some engines having an extra 'take off' pipe 'T' from the main pipe (2 rather than 1).

Pretty easy, hose clips can be a fiddle especially the hose to the end of the pipe in front of the block as access is a bit tight, cable clips can snap as they go brittle

Anybody know the vw part number for the pipe??

2 different ones depending on chassis no.

027121065P up to chassis 50-N-007500 (same as mk2 16v golf)

051121065C 50-N-007501 on (this is the same as the 9A 2L 16v engine in corrado and passat)

I think the difference is the position of the take off pipe to the header tank and it may be that either would actually do.

2 different ones depending on chassis no.

027121065P up to chassis 50-N-007500 (same as mk2 16v golf)

051121065C 50-N-007501 on (this is the same as the 9A 2L 16v engine in corrado and passat)

I think the difference is the position of the take off pipe to the header tank and it may be that either would actually do.

Thats great thank you!!

If its the later one that anyone needs then I have one as its also the same on the 2.0 8V. Its in as new condition as I bought it to replace a rusty one and only did a few thousand miles with it. If I recall it cost roughly £70 from TPS!

Obviously no longer needed, the TDi pipe is slightly different but I'm loathed to chuck it away as its bound to be useful to someone else :)