Sign in to follow this  
Phil K

Phil K's old C and others - new German Coupe!

Cheers feela - they really are a lot of fun! Ours is a 1.4 petrol and has done 44K but still slightly more expensive to tax than your diesel although still worth the money! Would love to have ours detailed - would benefit from a good session with a PC but at the same time the paint is really good for 6 years old! It's only had 2 previous owners and they've obviously cared for it :D

Quite an underestimated motor IMO - your's must be great with the re-map!

Cheers feela - they really are a lot of fun! Ours is a 1.4 petrol and has done 44K but still slightly more expensive to tax than your diesel although still worth the money! Would love to have ours detailed - would benefit from a good session with a PC but at the same time the paint is really good for 6 years old! It's only had 2 previous owners and they've obviously cared for it :D

Quite an underestimated motor IMO - your's must be great with the re-map!

Yr A2 sounds good... well my bros a detailer in his spare time so PM me if you want yrs doing... ours had one lady owner..

its my old mans motor, we use it now & again.. really does rev well & the black smoke is funny... was running 75bhp got it upto 112BHP & 190pounds of torque which for a small car like that is good enough.. for now :D

phil porsche stable that exactly where i want to go in a few years i have a couple of loans coming to there completion and ive just paid of a credit card so yeah bassically looking for about a 1981 - 1984 £10-12k, and then im going to buy a small bike 125 or 250 and use the bike as a daily

this takes my fancy?

Very nice mate! Thats pretty much what I have in mind but if the finances are good enough then I'd be wanting a 993 8)

Very nice mate! Thats pretty much what I have in mind but if the finances are good enough then I'd be wanting a 993 8)

excellent choice :salute:

phil there just slightly out of my price range for a nice one"! have fun with the A2 catch you soon

Small update on the LCR! Brakes are amazing now I've fitted EBC grooved discs and Ferrodo DS2500 pads along with Motul RBF600 fluid 8)

It's also had a few small bits and pieces done at Seat under warranty including the rear sub frame and caliper mods (developed by Seat due to creaking rear suspension and binding rear calipers). So all in all it's 100% sorted now and shouldn't need anything doing for a good few years!

Not sure what do do next though but it's a toss up between a re-map and some engine mods or selling up and getting back in a company car for a few years to save money... it's a case of should I listen to my head or my heart :shrug:

Gave it a good clean and removed the rear L E O N badge from under the boot handle the other evening and took a few pics (although they are pretty poor camera phone pictures). I'm really pleased with the way the back looks now with out the badge and the fabia rear wiper - much cleaner! I also replaced the scuffed splitter on the front so other than a wheel re-furb it's all spot on. Hoping to find some time tomorrow to give it a damn good waxing ready for the winter...

Some of you may remember that I bought a personalised reg a couple of months ago... well, today they made it onto the car and it got a damn good clean although I still have the interior to do tomorrow! :D

Really pleased with them and am chuffed with the reduced width front plate 8)

Will update tomorrow with some decent pics...

Cheers mate - nothing but positive comments on the plate so far :lol:

and yes the DS2500's make the already good brakes much better - always check my mirrors before braking late to make sure no ones going to run into the back of me!

Plate looks Ghey :camp: , right up your street Phillip! :lol:

So what are the 2500's like from cold though? Can't see the Old Brembo "Eye-ball poppers" being bettered that much??

tbh they're not bad from cold - no worse than standard but much better when warmed up - only takes 2 or 3 bends before they're warm anyway!

I'm ignoring your other comment faggot

Well it feels like I've been gone for ages and I have a LOT of catching up to do on here...

Basicly I've been super busy with work trying to turn around a team of project engineers in the south east and it's looking like this year our region will have record sales for the company! Still thats no excuse I guess!

Some of you will know that I sold the LCR towards the end of the summer and opted back into having a company car to save some money. I am now knocking around in a nice little 120d M Sport Coupe which is keeping me fairly happy but come April (end of financial year) I will be in a position to buy another weekend toy and with this in mind I am seriously considering coming back to the fold but this time with an extra 2 cylinders!

Anyhoo... here's a few pics of the new 1er to give y'all something to look at for the time being!

Cheers chaps... I have been thinking aboput going gun metal grey on the rims and I'm also tempted to get the BMWP CF spoiler (don't worry it is tasteful :lol:) I'm just not sure I want to spend money on modding a company car too much!

John... the surround is still waiting for you to collect it! I am sure that was the arangement? Anways, would be good to catch up at some point matey!

John... the surround is still waiting for you to collect it! I am sure that was the arangement? Anways, would be good to catch up at some point matey!

Well I'm in Amersham now so it's not such a trek, we'll have to arange for you to pop over and meet the two latest additions... the Mk3 and Mattias!

So the Passat CC was a no-goer then?

nah.. nice to look at but didn't feel special enough once inside! Still love the look of them but I still get to feel my age when driving the 1er!

BMW forums still have a long way to go when you compare them with places like here though!

Had a play with one of these the other day women driving the beemer, me in the VR! She was shocked to see a 15 year old car beating her new car made me :lol: ! Looks nice mate like cars in white now they are the new silver!