Pete

Respray options - opinions sought pls...

Right chaps, I've decided to repaint the car completely as I've got fed up of trying to polish the faded, swirled and pink-in-places original flash red.

I've spoken to my sprayer who's a VW nut and he suggested considering tornado red as an alternative.

Any thoughts on this in terms of original v colour that was never on a 95 VR, and any matching issues as I won't be taking the engine out etc...

All opinions welcome, good and bad lol.

Cheers,

Pete.

Hi,

It depends on your furture purchaser, if they are a Corrado nut and wants an original car, he/she may be put off. Its not like the colours are very different so it probably wont matter and just go with what you think.

Have you really tried everything to get your origianl paintwork looking good?

Personally, I'd keep it original Flash Red, but if you fancy a change, what about Audi Misano Red? - that's nice & bright.

Cheers,

Robbo

Bear in mind that if you change the colour you'll have either respray any painted metal other then the outside of the panels or leave then looking different. Not so much of a problem with teh flash red and tornado red, they're not that much different. Used to own a Flash red 2litre 8v and its a little more orange then the tornado. Though if its too different obviously may look odd.

Personally id jsut get it resprayed flash red.

Another vote for the original colour.. it'll definitely affect any future value if you've changed the colour of the thing!

What was the reason for them suggesting a different shade? I vote for keeping it the right colour.

JUst prefer the reddy red of tornado to the orangey flash. Wouldn't make a big change as mentioned due to over spray or changing v5 etc.

Well if you prefer a deeper red then go for it. As mentioned, I'd keep it standard colour. But at the end of the day if you think you'd enjoy the car more with a different shade then do it :)

I prefer the tornado on my workmates mk6 golf gti, but when mine is next to it to be honest it's hard to tell what the real flash red would look like anyway haha.

Rams - I've tried machine polishing it, and used allsorts of polishes and stuff but it's getting to the point that rather than spending 3-400 on having the paint corrected which will never get rid of the deeper scratches, the odd parking ding etc I might as well invest it in a shiny new paint job.