WigsVR6

Got me a new motor

Quick summery my beloved VR was wrote off back in March this year. I loved that car like no other so I was absolutley devistated when this happened after spending thousands on keeping it mechanically sound. It took 6 months for the legal wranglings to finish and I was eventually paid off for the loss of car+personal injuries to my partner and friend who were in the car at the time.

I still came on this forum but found it self defeating not having a Corrado anymore and that made me more depressed about the situation.

So it was time to buy another car and it was a head/heart moment. Do I buy myself another Corrado or get something a bit more modern with better safety features? Well it was a close call and I nearly bought a Blackberry VR with low milage and in good condition but the seller wouldn't budge on his asking price so that gave me time and oppertunity to look elsewere in the market.

In the end I bought a nice, relativley low milage Tornado Red mark IV R32. So I guess my head won that battle.

I will always love Corrados and may, one day, come back to ownership but getting hold of parts is becomming more difficult and keeping them on the road gets very costly every year.

Just want to say that this is the best forum going and thanks to all who have helped me in the past. I will still come on here and look around at whats going on.

Anyway some pics of the new car.

Thanks Alan

that r32 looks spot on mate - lovely shiny red example! Your experience is very similar to mine (i had my old MK2 written off by a numty taxi driver who rear ended it). I then bought the Corrado and the Royal Mail then decided to do a hit and run..that little saga took over a year to sort out... but it did eventually get sorted.

I looked at about 3 or 4 R32's when i was looking for a replacement car and they are very good compromise between performance and modern convenience. Nothing will make me grin like the Corrado does from an astethic perspective, but the R32 came very close. I'd say its a much nicer place to be and drive, but it didnt give me the feeling the Corrado did. If i could afford to run two cars, id have the r32 as my daily and the Rado as my weekend fix. Also, I found the R32OC a fairly friendly forum too..I pop along and have a little nose every now and again.

The thing which is grating on me right now is that normal "maintenance" parts are becoming obsolete for the Corrado which just takes the pi$$. I asked about the VR6 rad at my local TPS... "sorry, no longer available". I know you can get aftermarket rads, but seriously.. its a RAD... and its Corrado specific ffs!!! arghhgh (okay, rant over) lol

The thing which is grating on me right now is that normal "maintenance" parts are becoming obsolete for the Corrado which just takes the pi$$. I asked about the VR6 rad at my local TPS... "sorry, no longer available". I know you can get aftermarket rads, but seriously.. its a RAD... and its Corrado specific ffs!!! arghhgh (okay, rant over) lol

That was one of the reasons why I dedcided to move on. Parts a getting more difficult to get hold of with the only option available now being from cars that are being broken up.

I like driving the R and its a real head turner but I'd rather be behind the wheel of a Corrado but I decided to move on to something a little more modern with much better safety features as my partner broke two ribs in the accident with the VR.

One major negative with the R is the lack of engine noise I miss the sound of the 12V under the bonnet. I real shame.

Alan

Nice car Alan ...... red is pretty rare for the R32 isnt it ?

The only thing I was never quite sure about with the MkIV R32 were the seats - they look super comfy but really 'bloated' if thats the right word, as opposed to the corrado's svelt numbers !!

Looks nice Alan. I am a huge Golf fan. If you miss the C that much pop over to mine and have a drive. Just stay away from the Widnes St helens bypass !!

Andy

Looks great that, don't see that many R32's in that colour.

As for Corrado parts getting harder to get, this is true. I find that you can get creative and either use aftermarket parts and other VW parts. The truth is that a lot of parts were shared across the different models. In a lot of cases you can repair stuff as well (eg door handles).

Nice car Alan ...... red is pretty rare for the R32 isnt it ?

The only thing I was never quite sure about with the MkIV R32 were the seats - they look super comfy but really 'bloated' if thats the right word, as opposed to the corrado's svelt numbers !!

Your spot on with both observations Dan. They only produced 44 in Tornado Red. As for the seats they really are most uncomfortable. I can't get my head anywere near the headrest due to the shape of the seat. Theres a lump in the seat were my shoulder blades rest so I just put up with it.

---------- Post added at 11:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 AM ----------

Looks nice Alan. I am a huge Golf fan. If you miss the C that much pop over to mine and have a drive. Just stay away from the Widnes St helens bypass !!

Andy

Thanks Andy I will take you up on that offer sometime just be prepared for a little tear in my eye!

---------- Post added at 11:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

Looks great that, don't see that many R32's in that colour.

As for Corrado parts getting harder to get, this is true. I find that you can get creative and either use aftermarket parts and other VW parts. The truth is that a lot of parts were shared across the different models. In a lot of cases you can repair stuff as well (eg door handles).

Thanks mate. Even getting hold of safety parts is a nightmare such as the brake position sensor for the ABS. Although I think someone on this forum does a repair job.

---------- Post added at 11:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 AM ----------

Luvin the R mate !

Cheers Digger. Really put in a lot of effort this week on the paintwork and it looks even better now.

---------- Post added at 11:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 AM ----------

Very nice - always liked the R32's!

Thanks Jim. Been out and bought some front brake discs and pads for the R. Just a small matter of 450 quid. That hurt alot.

Alan

^^ Thanks wy906. It does attract quite a bit of attention on the road even from other R32 owners I might add.

---------- Post added at 09:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 AM ----------

^^ Thanks wy906 it does attract alot of attention on the road even from other R32 owners I might add.

Lovely R there mate, my mates got one in blue! I repaired the door lock on it last weekend as there prone for going on them and the alarm doesnt work when they do go and a few other eleccy probs! his has been remapped and sounds really nice and shifts too!

Thanks for all the kind remarks. It makes me feel better knowing that there are people out there who appreciate a nice car.

I've not even joined the R32 owners web site as of this date lol.

mk4 r32's are better looking imo then the new ones, i had a black 3door mk4 before i had my corrado which i put r32 bumper on it,

only thing is, it got boaring realy quick!!!! no problems to sort out, fair enough if your the kind of guy that just drives your cars

but i like the little problems that creap up with owning an old car, keeps me interested.got a feeling your be back in a corrado , maybe not this/next year but you will be :)

gota love the r32 though ;)