lauraJ

VR6 Starting Help

Hi all

Need some help, vr running absolutely fine yesterday evening no hint of trouble. Went out to it this morning and it is just turning over and wont start.

Luckily enough I work at a dealership that has a tps as part of the group, other half suggested getting the ecu and fuel pump relay (109 and 167) as these were clicking. Got these, fitted them, no better.

Tried using a jump pack and jump starting it, still nothing.

Ran vag com on it no fault codes that relate.

Pulled one of the spark plug out and grounded it to check for spark. No spark. Plugs was dry indicating a lack of fuel.

You can hear the fuel pump making a noise.... really stuck as need this to get to work.

Anyone got any ideas on how to get this resolved.

Incidentally tried the other key as thought it might be a immombliser issue, still nothing.

Someone help, the other half is giving me grief especially as he didn't want me to get another C!

thanks

Laura

Have you tried the alarm override? The code is in the book and the pad is situated just above the driver's window.

If that doesn't work, try the factory immobiliser. Remove the driver's undertray. Follow the little black wire from the ignition under the dash to a little black box. Unplug the wire (small black plug), spray with WD40 and plug/unplug a few times to clean the connections.

iv read in another thread it will still turnover the starter but you wont get sparks at the plugs, have a search for ignition switch and see what comes up,

ps- it shouldn't be the ignition switch as that was replaced with a brand new VW switch during my ownership ;)

Hi laura , sounds similar to mine a few weeks ago . Do a search and follow robrado's vr non starter or no spark . Regards Rob

Have you tried the alarm override? The code is in the book and the pad is situated just above the driver's window.

If that doesn't work, try the factory immobiliser. Remove the driver's undertray. Follow the little black wire from the ignition under the dash to a little black box. Unplug the wire (small black plug), spray with WD40 and plug/unplug a few times to clean the connections.

I'll try this first as you know the car better than I do. did anything happen like this with you prev?

Rob tried to find your thread whilst we were looking at the car. Funnily enough I was reading yours a few days ago thinking what a nightmare.... agghhhh!

Only time something like this happened was after I'd disconnected the battery. Re-connected after doing some work and nothing. After much head scratching and trying to hotwire the starter, I remembered it had an alarm code. Typed it in and it started straight away. Hope it's this simple for you!

---------- Post added at 08:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 PM ----------

Laura, did you ever post those cds? ;)

Rob tried to find your thread whilst we were looking at the car. Funnily enough I was reading yours a few days ago thinking what a nightmare.... agghhhh!

And it turned out to be something simple ! . Mine was the ecu plug which must have got a little coroded or the multi wire lead with the twist off collar .

Well Ross spent all morning checking things over with the immobiliser and various other things. And it started! Think it may be a dodgy connector somewhere... Oh well it's back on the road. :)

Andy CDs are in an envelope and ready to be posted on mon! Really sorry about that! Also quick question which I keep meaning to ask, does it have/had an uprated headlight loom in it?

Phew! Sounds a bit weird though. Did Ross try the alarm code, or did it just start randomly?

No worries about the cds ;) It did have an uprated loom, but looked a bit knackered. Got DG to check it out and Dave said it wasn't actually wired up anymore. Had planned on fitting another but didn't get around to it...

Nice one ,glad she is running , sounds a bit like mine .Next time i have any probs i will know what to go through first [thanks to the power of the forum!], before i start calling the mega dough earnin auto electrician .Regards Rob