Jim

[Event] Stealth Racing RR Day - November 27th, 2011 -- PAYMENT

Preparing myself for a week of hell trying to get the car ready in time.. Have mot booked for the morning, garage appt tuesday, electrics thur/fri and retest sat am.

Really looking forward to it if I can make it all happen though..

Do you know if they could dyno an S3? IF not im sure that i could unplug the haldex controller.

I believe that Haldex can be temporarily disabled for a dyno run - but don't hold me to that!

Well couldn't get Friday off work but managed Monday so the car might have to go unwashed, but at least it won't matter what time I get home :)

Sent from my HTC Desire

Is anybody going to this thinking of taking any parts along with them maybe a little auto jumble between the lot of us

I have an exhaust system goin i could bring and maybe a few other bits and bobs

Is anybody going to this thinking of taking any parts along with them maybe a little auto jumble between the lot of us

I have an exhaust system goin i could bring and maybe a few other bits and bobs

Ive got a fair amount of valver parts to try and sell off so i'll bring stuff along. Where abouts can we sell stuff though?

Ive got a fair amount of valver parts to try and sell off so i'll bring stuff along. Where abouts can we sell stuff though?

Open up your car boot and put stuff on display?

The Stealth car park itself isn't huge but it's on a little business park where people can spill out into different sections.. logistically having a different area just for the selling of stuff is hard because of needing to keep people nearby to get their car on the rollers, etc!

Just a bump to remind those folks coming to this who are NOT ROLLERING THEIR CARS to please park at the FRONT of Stealth Racing or in front of the offices closest to the main road, and NOT around the back - I only want those folks running their cars to park there.

If you do park up in the wrong spot, I will be asking you to move!

Thanks.

Jim i might pop along just wondering if i do can i get on the rollers or do you have full capacity?

Either way ill try and get down there.

Aside from folks on the list, no unexpected new folks running on the day unfortunately. If you're willing to pay up front now, you can go on the list tho!

Normally not a problem to just take payment on the day... however, after a conversation with pete_griff this weekend, he's one of the folks with a rear wheel drive car. Stealth need to reconfigure the workshop for RWD cars and as a result, do this at the end of the day when all the FWD people have done their runs. It means that it'll be quite unfair and a long day / wait for folks who have (in good faith) paid up front. Pete didn't ask for this so I don't want to implicate him as being to "blame" for this decision - he just made the observation and I realised it was pretty crap for him and Tempest!

Raised the car 20mm, hopefully this will be enough for the day. See you all soon guys and gals.

Is the idea of name badges going to happen?

Jim do you know of the minimum height a corrado can be before its to low maybe a measurement from splitter to floor or arch to floor

Iv not had any time to raise it lately as iv been busy with work

If not i think ill be ok but just wanted to double check

Just a reminder to anyone who hasn't paid - please do so asap so Jim doesn't have to chase people!

9am start and please register with Jim when you arrive and we usually run as per the order on page one

Just under 2 weeks to go so can I remind people of some important points -

1. If you see Wendy whilst on your way there DO NOT try and keep up - it will only end in tears!

2. Wrap up warm, gloves / fleeces / scarfs etc

3. Check tyre pressures and tracking if you suspect to be off

4. Check the fluid levels and look for any signs of leaks

5. Low cars - Stealth can usually take anything up to 60mm, any lower and you might lose a splitter!

6. Bring drinks and some change to buy food - garage nearby but doesn't have a huge selection.

7. Don't spend too long inside the garage - You may like the smell but carbon monoxide isn't good for you!

Quoted some pages back

whats standard? Never been able to confirm this. would the standard height be measure from arch to ground then or arch to centre of the wheel?

whats standard? Never been able to confirm this. would the standard height be measure from arch to ground then or arch to centre of the wheel?[/quote

Uhhh ooooo its a bit late to start all this lol

Mine will be fine !! Im telling you IT WILL BE FINE haha

Aside from folks on the list, no unexpected new folks running on the day unfortunately. If you're willing to pay up front now, you can go on the list tho!

Normally not a problem to just take payment on the day... however, after a conversation with pete_griff this weekend, he's one of the folks with a rear wheel drive car. Stealth need to reconfigure the workshop for RWD cars and as a result, do this at the end of the day when all the FWD people have done their runs. It means that it'll be quite unfair and a long day / wait for folks who have (in good faith) paid up front. Pete didn't ask for this so I don't want to implicate him as being to "blame" for this decision - he just made the observation and I realised it was pretty crap for him and Tempest!

Ok. Fair enough.

Unfortunately im not 100% sure so will leave the rolling road but if i can will pop down anyway.

whats standard? Never been able to confirm this. would the standard height be measure from arch to ground then or arch to centre of the wheel?

The clearance in my sig pic gets onto Stealth's rollers without clouting the chin spoiler (90mm), but only just. That's about -40mm, or just under 2 fingers.

I will be popping along now as my days off have been change. Wont be going on the rollers tho

Sorry if this has been mentioned but couldn't see it on 1st page- what time do you want us there (or what time do the runners start?)