g6t

post g60 engine bay pics please

hi looking to tidy up my engine bay on my g60 so as i,m new to corrado ownership just wanted to see other peoples efforts and mods that recoment as a must to get abit more poke out the engine and such currently it is all standard apart from a scropion s s exhaust system,

I just bought my G60, so did not really do anything yet, apart from giving it a good scrub, stainless bolts, nuts and washers every time I undo something, a battery plastic cover, a battery soft bag (to keep heat and cold out), and a couple of Dave's nice brackets for holding the radiator. Will do more in wintertime though.

New battery bracket,a s old one was rusty as usual.

Samco's a point of debate it seems, but I guess they work okay, just get the right clamps.

Other bracketry such as the one on the plastic cover over the G-ladder/altenator and the one on the ignition coil will either be powercoated silver together with radiator fan cover plus others, or be in stainless steel. Wintertime...

On my former Golf Mk II I had the big sounddeadening underneath, and it kept my engine compartment completely clean for 12 years. No need to scrub and no nothing. I wish that could also be installed on the Corrado.

Maybe someone here knows anything about that?

I also add a Eibach tower stryt for the sake of more stiffness - faster cornering. Did not drill it in yet, as I need to find a propper way of fitting abs wireing etc.

I also added a Golf Mk. II scuttle cover (the long one), which fits after a little cutting. Plus a Passat wipermotor cover, flipped around. Fits perfectly. Will powercoat the bracketry for the wiper in ... wintertime ;)

New coolant expansion bottle, plus a diversuty of covers too. Lightens up and make it look more like it's supposed to. Not old and yellow.

So all in all I go for standard plus improvements, not a total makeover for the sake of looking different, but each to his own of course. It's the little things that when you ytake a more detailed look at the engine compartment, makes for a nice impression and functionality too, and striving to have everything in it's propper place, not hanging all over. My tube for a bar meter is not in it's propper place yet ;)

Not there yet but ....

Big stereo wires and fuses etc. is not really me, so will avoid that ;)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]49330[/ATTACH]

Is your system a cat back or incl. a banana manifold? How is sound and power?

Cheers,

Redfox.

Edited by Redfox

Hmmm, thanks, but a lot more needs to be done. I want to sort the aluminium out, by ballblasting it in some sort of way, and then eloxide it (or whatever it is called in English), without getting any internals contaminated (read: G-ladder and altenator). Maybe someone have some ideas? This way we could easily keep it nice over the long run ;)

Cheers,

Redfox.

Very nice!

ps John: did you have any problems installing that Eibach struyt tower bar (sorry to be ot)?

Cheers,

Redfox

cool some nice examples so far guy wow i got a long way to go, i dont wanna go over board just want it to look clean and simple and tidy and try to minimise the amount of pipes and wires if i can, i,ll start a progress thread in the next few days as its all going to get a strip down and som ££££s spent on it over next month starting with a charger rebulid and bit of fettling, and a ecu chip and pulley set,

also whats people opinions on the cone filters is this a good idea or is standard air box with panel filter the way to go, also any one fitted one of these kinda dump valve kit or what ever they are on ebay, are these a good idea or just some one selling some tat on the bay as normal

youghal022.jpg

Standard box and filter for me!

Is the dump valve kit just a blanking plate for the charger?

They work well but the noise gets annoying!

anyone know where the twin intake airbox tops can be brought from,

yeah its just a blanking plate with an small filter,

Updated engine bay as of today:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]49447[/ATTACH]

Didn't put back rubbers before making this snap shot.

Cheers,

Redfox.

---------- Post added at 12:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 AM ----------

Really strange, as this was double posted... ??

Cheers,

Redfox.