Sign in to follow this  
Kevin Bacon

Vibratechnics come up trumps again :-)

Had a rear one put in today at Stealth to compliment the front one and blinkin eck.....I now rate this as one of the first things you should to do a C, especially the VR with it's great big lump of pig iron under the hood. So the full setup now consists of VT front and rear and a Turn2 gearbox mount. Absolutely fantastic :lol:

Benefits include:-

No additional vibration over stock, and I mean none at all.

Smoother pulling away.

Absolutely zero engine rock coming off and on the gas - something the standard mounts are crap for.

Slightly better throttle response as the engine no longer flops back onto the rear mount before issuing the tarmac with some grunt

Better handling. Yes, you read that right. No dead weight transferring to the corner loaded side during cornering.

Greatly reduced stretch fatiguing on the rad and heater matrix hoses

Greatly reduced risk of the front mount letting go causing the engine to hit the bonnet.

Sublime gearchange :lol:

They're not cheap, granted, about £200 for all 3, but they are without doubt among the very best.

K

With the VT gearbox mount you do a get a few harmonics transmitted into the cabin but with the Turn2 gearbox mount, you don't :-)

I was told vibratechnics didn't make a rear engine mount so I've got the vt front and gearbox mounts and standard (original) rear mount. I was going to buy an insert from turn2 but might get the vt now I know it's available. Is the vt rear mount complete or just the rubber insert? How much did it cost?

I was told vibratechnics didn't make a rear engine mount so I've got the vt front and gearbox mounts and standard (original) rear mount. I was going to buy an insert from turn2 but might get the vt now I know it's available. Is the vt rear mount complete or just the rubber insert? How much did it cost?

Yeah VT do mounts for the rear and yep it's a complete assembly. It's also worth noting that the VT mounts are about half the size and weight of OE VR ones!

VT mounts are also rebuildable, so a good investment.

Vince charged me £90+VAT for the front and £64+VAT for the rear one.

The rear one is just as important as the front but is often forgotten as it's buried at the back and seemingly hard to change, which it isn't.

K