vw_john

Down on power

Looking though the paperwork for my G60 and there is a dyno readout of 160bhp (at the fly) done by stealth. and this was after the charger rebuild, i have since put new rotor, dizzy cap, ht leads, plugs, air filter. And I cant seem to see where i am down on power! there are no boost leaks that I can see or feel.

do you know the full spec of your car eg zorst chip pully ??

160 will be right on the money for a standard car with standard pully and charger not flowed

.................also G60's have good and bad days

well from what I can see, stainless decat whole system. pulley, 70mm i think and a chip to go with, g-werks stuff the receipt only says chip and pulley and i dont think its small enough to be 68.

but 160bhp at the flywheel? it was pushing 140 at the wheels. and thats valver territory.

G60s are really picky about power delivery when they are not setup just right.

Some aftermarket 'off the shelf' chips are also not a good idea on a car that is nudging 20 years old with a engine managment system that was known for being inconsistant when it was launched.

Way too many variables to calculate with an off the shelf chip, bottom end wear, boost leaks, fuel injector degredation, charger wear etc etc.

Be worth checking for boost leaks if it is down on power though and it might also be prudent to refit the stock pulley and chip to see how if feels - it could also be belt slip from using the smaller pulley.

yea as above might be worth checking the drive belt length ......... as when i brought mine is had a 70 mm pully if i remember which is a bit smaller than stock which is 78mm i think but it was running the standard belt size so loads of belt slip when i fitted the 68mm pully and drive belt to match it felt much more punchy

has your charger been ported atall ? do you have the RSR charger outlet ?(this replaces the chunky black plastic thing on the right side of the G60)

G-Werks sell BBM ones but when i last spoke to them they were on backorder(you could order one from BBM in the states), Bar-tek also sell their own RSR which is cheaper than the BBM