Yandards

Robbing bar stewards!

Checked out the insurance prices on the nugget replacement as part of the buying process and the quotes were coming back as similar to the nugget for the year although my current provider was around £80 more, so I figured that given I was 2 months into the policy it should cost no more than £100 including the admin fee.

I called my current insurers up today to change the policy details for the new motor, only to discover they want an extra £340!

Now given that an annual, that's 12 months not 10 which is what is remaining on my current policy, insurance bill is £300 for the new car and it cost me roughly the same on the nugget for a year I can't believe it! Especially when if I was a 'new' customer they would only charge me another £80!

So I have taken out a new policy on the new car and I will cancel the insurance on the nugget instead as that works out cheaper, gives me two months more insurance on the new vehicle.

Thanks to the way the robbing turds calculate refunds I am only going to see around £120 back for £300 spent out for 2 months insurance.

Amazing they can still get away with this sort of crud really.

Rant over.

He's being all cagey and elusive about it for some reason.. it's not E38 you know Yan.. you won't get extra scene points by keeping it a big secret and going for the "big reveal" ;)

I think the FSA regulate the insurance industry.

Given the job they did with the economy, it's no wonder the insurance charlatans are making up the rules as they go along.

He's being all cagey and elusive about it for some reason.. it's not E38 you know Yan.. you won't get extra scene points by keeping it a big secret and going for the "big reveal" ;)

Just trying to keep it cryptic!

Collected this evening and enjoyed the 50 mile run back home.

Its a 53 plate Audi A3 130 TDi sport, 3 door with half leather seats, feels quite corradoey thanks to the sport suspension etc and I am enjoying the big fat wedge of torque.

Nice one! They obviously consider the Audi to be far more expensive to fix / replace than the Corrado, hence the large hike! Any excuse to prize open your wallet and help themselves to an extra wedge of your cash, eh?

On a related note, my insurance renewal from Brentacre came through yesterday. In an age where everyone is complaining of rising premiums, mine is actually cheaper than last year :D

Nice one! They obviously consider the Audi to be far more expensive to fix / replace than the Corrado, hence the large hike! Any excuse to prize open your wallet and help themselves to an extra wedge of your cash, eh?

On a related note, my insurance renewal from Brentacre came through yesterday. In an age where everyone is complaining of rising premiums, mine is actually cheaper than last year :D

Yeah its quite fun to drive and I am liking the seats very much for comfort and general quality.

Would be nice to actually get a renewal quote through that was less than last year but in the current climate where we all seem to be paying over the odds for it I find that unlikely - its not like I could live anywhere cheaper for car insurance either!