Kempy

sunroof, interior lights and sun visor light dodgy??

Hi all I dont seem to be able to get these items to work, they all are on a loom that comes up the drivers side window it seems. all the things worked fine, is there a bad earth or something thats caused them to stop working all of a sudden, dash lights are OK. where do I start?

thanks

Kempy

I'd start by checking the obvious i.e. fuses. Unsure which one controls this but a quick look on the bottom of the fuse box cover should inform you.

If all ok, see if you can find a wiring diagram and confirm which plug in the back of the fusebox corresponds to this particular loom, IIRC its towards one of the sides of the fusebox opposed to in the middle. If this is all plugged in and looks ok its time to start removing some trim.

I'd start by removing the a pillar trim and potentially the headliner (I know its an arse) and check the condition of the loom. This loom runs up the A-pillar and across the roof, providing power to the sunroof, interior light and sun visor light. If this looks in tact i.e. no burnt out sections or wires melted together I would then follow it back to the fusebox and ensure all looks a-ok up to this point.

I had a similar problem and I did this whole process in reverse only to find the fusebox plug had popped out and I'd removed half the car and sourced a replacement loom for no reason.

You learn from your mistakes.

If something from the above doesn't uncover the problem then post back up and i'm sure someone on here (if not myself) can assist further. Process of elimination really.

Its sorted now, stuey. Its became unplugged under behind the fuse box. No idea how, as its proper click in plug. cheers again.

Ryan

Glad to hear.

Exactly what happened to mine.

I think this is caused by various wrestling matches you have to have with the fuse box in order to work on. I'm guessing they get moved in such a way that the clip on the plug is pushed in and the fusebox twisted enough to release it from its location.

Just to bump this old thread. In having the same issue. Does anyone know the fuse box plug colour/location?