welshlad73

My Corrado G60 K-reg

Looks like you're making some really good progress there. Still wish I had a G60 every time I see one of these lol. One day..........

We're many who follow your thread ;) No comments doesn't mean that it doesn't get read.

Good build !

Anyway, this should bring some good horses. What model charger do yo have? early, middle or late? Also the late head is ported and so is inlet and exhaust manifolds. Maybe to get these unless you do that too?

Cheers,

Redfox (G60)

Edited by Redfox

Thanks for the comments guys. The charger was rebuilt stage 4 by jabba (not sure if its early, middle or late, anyone have some part number to i.d. it?) when i first had her. Since then i've done a standard rebuild, running a maxrpm.de chip and 68mm pulley and wider belt. I also have a 4 branch manifold ready to go on at some point. She really pulls well, i'm still getting used of the extra power. As the difference to that of a standard car is massive. All i can say is that she drives like KIT from Night Rider lol. I'll be finishing the intercooler water spray kit over the weekend.

Edited by welshlad73

Finished of installing the intercooler spray kit today. Here's some more pics -

1st showing wiring almost finished

[ATTACH=CONFIG]73232[/ATTACH]

then 2nd showing switch install.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]73233[/ATTACH]

I used a none return valve after the pump to stop the nozzles emptying the tank. But it still draws the water out for some reason. I'll eventually have it wired into a pressure sensor so that it gets switched on at a certain boost.

Havent really had time to test whilst driving, to many police about.

Edited by welshlad73

Thanks, theres one just popped up on ebay. Local to me, red, looks nice.

I've never driven a 16v or VR6 model corrado. Although there is something about the g60 which gets me excited. For being totally different, and personally i think it will be one of the more sort after corrado's to have in the future.

Edited by welshlad73

Today i installed the intake air temperature probe and display. Here's some pics of what i done.

Wired the ignition live and earth into the heated rear screen switch,

[ATTACH=CONFIG]73281[/ATTACH]

Mounted the display where the unleaded petrol blank was installed.

Just like to point out the 34 degree reading is because the probe wasnt fitted, just resting on the engine as it was cooling.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]73282[/ATTACH]

Showing what it looks like in the dark.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]73283[/ATTACH]

With regards to any mods i'm doing, i'm trying to install everything without cutting or modifying anything in the car. This way any mods will be easily removed to put her back to standard, all standard parts will be stored away carefully.

Heres some pics i took after she had a wash.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]73284[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]73285[/ATTACH]

Edited by welshlad73

Made some adjustments to the iat probe today. I found i had to much wire going into the intercooler pipe, which made the probe touch the intercooler pipe from the inside. This was giving me higher temp readings. So i done a slight mod to the Co pot (as mentioned in other posts on the forum) small cut to base of Co pot and then mounted the probe using epoxy resin.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]73339[/ATTACH]

Elastic band was used to hold the probe wire whilst the epoxy hardened.

Another to do item!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]73368[/ATTACH]

Also picked up a new standard oil cooler, as i dont have enough spare cash to fit a an external oil cooler kit at the moment. Oil + filter change as well.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]73370[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]73371[/ATTACH]

Edited by welshlad73

Fitted the new oil cooler/ sandwich plate today

[ATTACH=CONFIG]73403[/ATTACH]

Surprisingly it does make a difference, lower coolant temperature (sits at around 90 degrees, before it was always 100 degrees or slightly above) and the oil temp comes down much quicker (oil temp always flew up to around 125 degrees after a caning, now after a good caning, max i see is 120 degrees). Its not a massive drop in temp like the front mounted kits, but makes a definite difference.

Also rerouted the intercooler spray kit today, as in the other location it was basically getting hot water spray as i positioned next to the coolant pipe.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]73404[/ATTACH]

Edited by welshlad73

This weekend i managed to install the oil pressure and boost gauge. I was going to buy a pillar mount pod, but thought i'd make one from aluminium for the centre console.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]73517[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]73518[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]73519[/ATTACH]

I need to sort out the brightness of the gauges as they are really bright.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]73520[/ATTACH]

I run the boost vacum pipe to the FPR, so i would see an accurate reading.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]73554[/ATTACH]

Edited by welshlad73

Brightness sorted with the gauges, installed a resistor on the illumination supply line.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]73552[/ATTACH]

All looking pretty much the same brightness now.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]73553[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]73573[/ATTACH]

Edited by welshlad73

I'm nearly done with the mods i'm going to do. The mods i've carried out are only to monitor the engine and help it run more efficient. All can easily be removed without any hassle or big holes any where. I have a 4 branch manifold ready if i feel the need for it, not 100% yet. If i do fit it, i will be fitting a AFR gauge and sensor. Oil is running cooler with good pressure (approx 3.7 bar hot under load, highest i've seen is 4.1 bar) and the boost is around 13 psi (should be 14.5 for the mods i've done), but i havent found a suitable road to run to the rev limiter yet without getting booked. As every time i floor it i seem to run out of road very quickly. I'm very happy with the engine, pulls well and very aggressive for a 21 year old car.

Edited by welshlad73

Today i repaired both front door cards, common problem where the vinyl cover peels back off the door card where it meets the inner window trim. I used some epoxy resin to bond the vinyl back in place. All looks good now, forgot to take some pics of the repair though :(

Heres a new pic of the C today though!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]73655[/ATTACH]

Edited by welshlad73

My Corrado is back on the road for the summer, been doing a few jobs here and there.

Latest was to get rid of the rubbish original wiper arms and fit some Audi TT ones, which operate much better.

Also replaced one front top mount, also installed some front camber bolts on the front struts.

I have a top radiator elbow to fit and a temp sensor housing.

Also a new timing belt kit and super charger belt to fit.

I also bought a sand blaster to freshen up the front subframe and rear axle when i get some spare time.

Here's a pic or two from earlier when i took my dog for a walk lol, thanks for the comments.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]78326[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]78327[/ATTACH]

Things i did today, 1 engine mount, 1 gearbox mount and a radiator flange.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]78677[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]78678[/ATTACH]