C-UNIT

Will Audi A3 seats fit the raddo??

Hi All,

Please help planning on either re-trim original seats or was thinking if the audi a3 seats would fit,

appreciate there may be some cuting and welding required not really too sure.

Anyone who may have done this please help advice appreciated!

Sanj

I used to have S3 Recaros. They had modified bases welded underneath. They use the original Corrado runners and adjustment point. So I would say your answer is yes they will fit with work done.

Pics in my Sig thread if you want a look.

anyone else done this? iv recently picked up an audi a3 1.6 with mint black leather interior for £200.00 as the gearbox has gone, im thinking either fix the gearbox and sell it on or remove the seats and make them fit into my corrado, and then maybe find a cloth interior for the a3

would the a3 be considered mk3 golf era? or mk4 golf?. cos i know the mk3 gti seats fit but they sit slightley higher than the standard rado seats.

would the a3 be considered mk3 golf era? or mk4 golf?. cos i know the mk3 gti seats fit but they sit slightley higher than the standard rado seats.

a3 is mk4 chassis so im gona assume its mk4 based, cool so mk3 seats fit straight in a corrado with no mods? they just sit high?

just came across this {not literaly , ohh errrr} http://wiki.the-corrado.net/tt_seats_fitting.html cant imagine them to be much different to

a3 seats,

Edited by VW_OwneR_85

Ye thats what i was told mate at a corrado owners meet in manchester off someone who knew someone who had done it. cos i had the idea of fitting the blue seats out of the mk3 gol jazz blue colour concept into my moonlight blue rado.

cool, theres bound to be someone thats done a3 seats into mk3 , either way i think the best way would be to just whip both seats out and flip them upside down and have a butchers! cheers.

Ye thats what i was told mate at a corrado owners meet in manchester off someone who knew someone who had done it. cos i had the idea of fitting the blue seats out of the mk3 gol jazz blue colour concept into my moonlight blue rado.

please dont do this. it will look terrible.

^ LOL dont hold back, but i kind of have to agree with you on that, Less is more , sometimes its better to just roll with plain n boaring, just found this on vortex

prety much somes it up, corrado seats are mk2/mk3 right?

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?4469162-DIY-mk4-seats-in-a-mk2

Bright blue seats in a moonlight blue car will just look terrible, that's all! :lol:

That vortex link shows that the seats sit higher than mk2 subframes which are already too high for the Rado. It's a nice write up, but no good for us :(