cdem

Clutch not working...help?!?!?!?

Ive had a search through here for the past few days but still cant find the answer. I wil try explain the best i can...

The clutch pedal just falls to the floor at the slightest touch and i have to pull it back up with my hand. Ive tried bleeding it from the slave cylinder which hasnt made a difference. Today i replaced the slave cylinder and found the rubber on the old was was broken. Again i returned to bleeding it and it still hasnt made any difference. I have kept an eye on the fluid level and never let it drop too low.

What else can it be??

Broken clutch fork?...........Happened to me but the symptoms were different, pedal stopped halfway back up then sprung back after a couple of seconds, really hard getting into gear.........seems to be a fairly common issue on VR's, not sure which yours is?

I had exactly the same problem with my first Rado. It was as if there was no pressure there. It wasn't quite as bad as yours though. I never worked out what the problem was mind you, and used to get my foot in behind the pedal and lift it back, which seemed to work.

Sorry should have mentioned. Mines a 1.8 16v and i had a new clutch fitted not so long ago.

easypops it was at one point stopping half way and i was having to pull it back up with my foot but its beyond that point now.

It started off as the same thing Grim1, i was having to get my foot behind the pedal now and then but then one day it just wouldnt go into any gear (in rush hour traffic the other side of the city of all times and places) now the clutch just falls at the slightest of touch.

There is an in line bleed nipple for the KR clutch on the bulkhead just after the reservoir which removes air from what is a high point in the line.

In your position I would whip off the slave cylinder and have someone "GENTLY" operate the clutch while you watch what happens at the slave end while holding the push rod back. If the slave cylinder doesn't react then the problem is either a lot of air in the system or the master cylinder is faulty. The system generates a lot of force so keep a lot of pressure on the push rod to prevent the piston being pushed out of the slave cylinder.