R & S Engineering

Flyby throttle on 24v

Hi all, in the process of doing a 24v (2.8 4motion) conversion. The wiring / engine conversion, i intend on using the Corrado VR clocks, and the 24v ECU and harness.

It seems straight foward, but i expect as the conversion progresses i will no doubt have some questions...

but for the moment im wondering what people do with the Flyby wire conversion? What parts do i require? And is it a case of modifying the corrado pedal box to accept the mk4 golf pedal and loom?

Not sure what you mean by 'conversion' as all 24Vs are DBW. In tems of installing it into a Corrado, I just put a 4Motion pedal in mine. Some people use a floor mounted R32 pedal. If you're using the VW ECU and harnesses, then that's all you need to do in terms of car specific customisation.

Once you've got the shelves and fusebox off and taken the cable pedal off, you'll be able to see what needs doing.

yes sorry i meant converting the 12v corrado pedal box to 24v.

I am yet to buy a flyby pedal, but i intend to get down my local VW breakers at the weekend as they have a scrap mk4 Golf V6 4motion there. So i just need the pedal and i take it the loom from pedal to fusebox?

Yeah a 4 motion pedal will be fine but they're only about £45 new from VW if the one in the breaker car is knackered.

The pedal loom doesn't connect to the fusebox. There should just be a 6 pin connector and the loom goes off to the ECU. The VW ECU has 2 harnesses, the engine harness and the interior / pedal / ancills harness. Nearly every 24V 'kit' I've seen doesn't include the latter because it's either forgotten about being in the car or chopped off at the pedal bit!

Nice one. Thanks for your help! I havent looked at my loom in great detail yet, but ive plugged it all in roughly on the floor to see what goes where, and i do have the 2 ecu plugs plugged in. Without looking i cant tell you whats at either end of those plugs. lol

But i guess i means i should have the whole lot.

Two ECU plugs is a good start! If you have a straight 6 pin connector at the end of one of them with gold contacts.... that's your pedal plug and you're good to go!

Nope.... no straight 6 pin plug :(

Just had a quick look, the loom comes from the engine - ECU. Then another plug from ECU - fusebox plugs and x4 Lambda plugs (i think). There is also a small 2 pin plug too. Cant see that anything has been cut. I will stick up a pic in a sec

Yeah get some pics up as your donor car may have had a different pedal plug

---------- Post added at 12:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 AM ----------

Can't see it if it's on photobucket. I'm at work and they block personal storage sites. You can attach it to the forum as well though!

Cheers Boosty. What I meant was, there's 2 looms heading off into the distance that aren't in shot. The one going straight up is probably the injector/throttle/coilpack etc harness and I can see the lambda loom in shot, but the one going off to the right is anyone's guess!

It must have a pedal plug somewhere! Oh well! I tell you what you what though, since the AUE engine has no VVT, some folk run these engines with VR6 ecus and therefore you can stick with the cable throttle. Or if you want the semi-electronic throttle and use the 24V's standard cam sensor trigger wheel, you can use an American MK4 12V ECU.

If it's anything like a 20vT loom then it will be in the loom that connects to the coloured plugs in the bottom of the picture. Can't remember which coloured plug is DBW pedal without checking, would be best to check on your engine wiring diagram anyway. I just bought a pedal plug and pins from VW and will extend the right wires.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Edited by G60_edge