Sign in to follow this  
VR6

VR6 induction kit??

Think I could do with an induction kit but I'm not sure what's available.

Looking for recommendations for kits and places to buy from (preferably online).

Cheers

I bought a Pipercross induction kit for mine but it was so luod it was embarrasing.

I then bought a 'jetex' panel filter from Awesome GTi and am well pleased. It sounds much the same with normal driving but gives a deep throaty sound under accelleration.

Depends on what your after I suppose.

I have a Stoeve Motorsport induction kit - which is louder than a K&N ;)

Very rare and apparently the only VR6 one in the UK 8)

Good luck with your search though :)

More than likely there's more than one Andi as Eurotek are the UK agent for Stroeve Motorsport......

.....could be wrong though :wink:

The kit above suggested by CrazyMan looks pretty good - quite pricey but there are offering a 20% discount at the moment.

Think I'll wait and see what Darren (8vG60 that is and not the other Darren) can do :)

i'm purchasing a JR Kit from Big Boys Stores,sounds mint on the VR bit only when the toe goes down hey?

as has been said,depends what you want,a head tunrner or a slight rumble???

i'm purchasing a JR Kit from Big Boys Stores,sounds mint on the VR bit only when the toe goes down hey?

as has been said,depends what you want,a head tunrner or a slight rumble???

more concerned about performance :wink:

Hopefully fitting my Turn2 cold air induction kit over the weekend. Looks a classy piece of kit.

I've seen a VR6 (in a Mk2) with a Blitz induction kit - looked superb, don't know what it sounded like or how easy to fit tho?!

sorry I haven't replied until now,the JR Kit doesn't come with a heat shield I'm afraid!

VR6,which kit would you recommend to increase the power/performance?

The Turn2 kit is the first one I've had on a C and I'm pretty impressed with it.

I think with all the kits available you have to look at the factors which affect their performance.......

Fact - an engine performs better, the more air, and the colder, it can get into the engine.

You can mod the airbox to draw in more air - a nice cheap option (which can be done badly, I should add!)

Some kits, like the simple K&N filter that replaces the air-box are obviously going to be sucking in all the warm air from the engine - I think this makes this style of kit the less effective.

The next sort are the ones which are above but come with heat-shields - again, these will still be sucking in hot air as they are placed right next the the engine (and in the case of VR's, a very hot engine!

And lastly, the other option is kits like the Turn2 one (stroeve motorsport kit as well, Andi?) that place the air filter as far away from the engine as possible to take in as much cold air as possible.

God this is a long post!! :o

So it depends on budget which i think runs from cheapest to dearest on the above options.