Sign in to follow this  
boab

bk299 wheels!

Really nice m8, glad to see Ure supporting the rite footie team aswell! :D U getn them in gold yeah?

yeah goin with the gold! brother has got the high power black ones on his golf, so if they dont suit he wants to swap!

Like the wheels very much but it is the centre that puts me off them.

You will have to tell us what the finish is like and send in a phootie when they are on the car :D

I personally like those wheels as well, one reason that I'm leaving mine on for the time being (silver ones):

Only downside is that too many other Rados have them :lol: Oh well, might have sorted that problem: Swapping alloys with a German mate of mine, he's never seen the BK299s in Germany, I've never seen his Dezent 16" alloys in the UK, sorted ! :D

Tempest

Oh, forgot to mention: The finish on these alloys seems a wee bit flakey (compared to other brands). I've had them on for 13 months, and the chromy bits around the outer ring are starting to flake off :shock: Then again, they're not badly priced for 17" alloys, you get what you pay for, I guess ...

Tempest

Yeah there are too many around, but that's because they are a very good wheel. My wife's car has them - yes alright I know it needs lowering (haven't got round to it yet).

ive just put some 299's on my c and i have to say asmuch as i like them man there heavy it aint half taken some of the acceleration away :(

ive just put some 299's on my c and i have to say asmuch as i like them man there heavy it aint half taken some of the acceleration away :(

I agree,they look the part but it doesn't handle or feel good on the road with 17",the stock 15"speedlines are fantastic wheels if a bit dull ....everybody to there own I suppose :roll:

there heavy it aint half taken some of the acceleration away

I always had that sneaky suspicion comparing my G60 to my mates over in Germany, OK, he's done a lot to it, but still ...

Does anyone know how much one of the BK299s weighs in Kg (sorry not being British I can't handle Stones or whatever :lol: )? Possibly worthwhile comparing that to some weights of 16" wheels, which I'm more and more starting to look at, planning on going Euro-look, i.e. deeeeep dish :D

Tempest

there heavy it aint half taken some of the acceleration away

Does anyone know how much one of the BK299s weighs

Does anyone know? A friend and I are talking about this just now

Oh, forgot to mention: The finish on these alloys seems a wee bit flakey (compared to other brands). I've had them on for 13 months, and the chromy bits around the outer ring are starting to flake off :shock:

I’ve also experienced this with BK alloys, not good :cry: