Sign in to follow this  
OSV

Coilovers, Brakes and Lowering! UPDATED WITH PICS

Well i'm hoping that the bad weather(and gritting) is over. I can't wait any longer i've finally run out of patience.

Tomorrow is the day! FK Koni Coilovers and new VAG top mounts, VAG discs all round (zinc plated for increased corrosion protection on non swept surfaces) rear wheel bearings, Pagid pads. New brake dust guards (powder coated) and full wheel alignment.

I've fitted the wheels ready and steam cleaned the arches together with painting the callipers (aluminium) 8)

Desparately hoping there are no wheel clearance issues with either the body of the coilover (inner) or arches (outer).

So how low do you go?

Fingers and everything else crossed that I can get away without arch mods. The wheels are 17"x7.5" ET 33 wearing Dunlop SP9000 205/40 R17 tyres.

Wish me luck!

Look forward to seeing the finished pics!!.......good luck, and go as low as you can! :mrgreen: :wink:

hey OSV i was just as not sure as you are now.. and thinking ohhh my god what this what that ... but i tell you now i have lowered mine on coilovers about 60mm and nothing! none on anyarch.....

mind you i had rubbing on the inner front arch when on full lock but who drives on full lock at 70mph?

no one unless there mad

i have the same ET as your wheels 33 and when i put a spacer of 10mm between the HUB and the alloy this solved the rubbing problem compleatly and made the car look wider !!!! YEY

so mate go for it...

word of advice DON'T lower the car down too much in the first 400 miles let the new coilovers run in then slam it.... i know it will be very hard to resist....

I'm glad to report its all sorted without any apparent problems. My concerns about the wheels clearing the struts/springs were un founded they fit perfectly with room to spare.

It has been lowered, and looks and feels really good. Up to now there seems to be no fouling on the arch, I expect it may settle a little over the coming days but it looks promising. Heres a quick pic, poor quality low resolution i'm afraid.

exturbo2003 - 5 stud wheels so its prolly a VR...

(even ses so in his sig in the first post on the page... :roll: ;-) )

OSV - looking sweet AND SILVER 8) - whereabouts in Lancashire are you?

Good tidy job there OSV,

Looks like you've got the lowering just right as well.

Loving those wheels :D Looks superb overall, nice job!

Are you still going to colour code the side mouldings? I think that will finish it off perfectly.

K

The wheels are BBS RS 301 split rims 7.5 x17 ET33.

Jury is still out on side mouldings, certainly tempted by idea as I think it would look superb, half of me is tempted by keeping certain elements stock looking. Decisions ,decisions

OSV, your car is stunning :-P . Perfect wheels, perfect colour!

Im f*****g jealous, well done 8)

Do you mind me asking how much you paid for the wheels?

I'd say definitley colour code side mouldings or even junk them completley. I think it would look even more smoothe and classy :)

Hi OSV

Just wonderin, now you've got your car lookin lowered & cool all around, where did you get your camber/tracking sorted out, because I am assuming that you are in the Northwest m8/??

Cheers

Dev 8)

I got the wheels of German Ebay at a bargain price of about £700 delivered including the wrong sized tyres, so it cost me £400 more to have the Dunlops fitted. I remeber thinking it would be a bargain if they were delivered but a lot to lose if they weren't :wink:

The wheel alignment was carried at at Dubsport at Wrightington Junct 27 M6. Tel 01257 473383

I kinda like it with the side mouldings..... I do think they're there 4 a reason and it'd b a shame 4 some bas*ard granny to smash her fiesta door into an unprotected door

exturbo2003 - 5 stud wheels so its prolly a VR...

(even ses so in his sig in the first post on the page... :roll: ;-) )

opps :oops: just got in from the pub and was a bit drunk :oops: