24V Renshaw

Polyurethane VR6 front and rear engine mounts inc Fitting Guide

I am afraid that's it for this set. If I get enough interest I could run a second lot... I could start a list I guess...

I'll step back and let someone else have mine if they want. I have made this offer to Volksworld13 and am waiting to hear back.

I'll step back and let someone else have mine if they want. I have made this offer to Volksworld13 and am waiting to hear back.

Anyone?

Just checked with the poly supplier and the mounts are due to get to me Friday latest :)

So I will box them up and send them out as quickly as I can.

Jay

I'll take them if you don't want them and Volksworld13 doesn't want them? Cheers

I'll take them if you don't want them and Volksworld13 doesn't want them? Cheers

24V Renshaw has refunded me so you will need to contact him to see if they are still available.

24V Renshaw has refunded me so you will need to contact him to see if they are still available.

Jay,

Have you got any sets left please?

Cheers,

Dave

Apologies for the delay in updates on this. Had to go away for work and have only just managed to post the mounts.

Even took a pic of one at the post office :)

So look out for the postie with a heavy cardboard tube!

6221ae85.jpg

Jay

Apologies for the delay in updates on this. Had to go away for work and have only just managed to post the mounts.

Even took a pic of one at the post office :)

So look out for the postie with a heavy cardboard tube!

6221ae85.jpg

Jay

Woohoo! That's my one just there!

Thanks very much for sorting Jay :)

Figured that now the mounts have been shipped I should put up a basic how to fit them guide.

Put simply the red poly bits you will receive replace the black rubber bits in both the front and rear mount.

First job is to remove the existing mounts to fit the new inserts.

The rear one is the most complicated so we will start there.

First off you need to remove the heat shield over the mount if you have it by just removing the push fit metal clips.

Once the heat shield is off, undo the two 13mm bolts on either side of the mount and the 13mm nut on the top holding the lambda sensor bracket.

9456d3d7.jpg

These are all easily reached by using a long extension on a 13mm socket from up above the engine.

ec99a698.jpg

Once these are undone and the bracket is out of the way you can undo and remove the 17mm bolt in the centre.

b57f580f.jpg

Next you need to lift the back of the engine as high as you reasonably can, this will lift the engine away from the mount enough to simply wriggle the mount out.

You can choose how you lift the engine up, but make sure you pick a solid point and as close to the back corner as you can.

So you now have the mount out and ready to dismantle.

1aee62e6.jpg

First job is to bend back the tabs, use a big old screwdriver for this.

eb979c76.jpg

Once these are back the two halves of the mount come apart.

edadbae2.jpg

Now you can see the existing lower rubber part of the mount, remove the cap head bolt from the mount and you will now be able to access the upper rubber part. Remove the existing part and replace it with one of the two larger parts in the kit. I put some copper slip on mine but I don't think it's really needed.

8168c1bf.jpg

Then you can refit the plate and fit the larger diameter (80 odd mm) of the two thin mount parts to it.

5a44f579.jpg

Then fit one of the two metal discs in the kit along with a washer and one of the new cap head bolts supplied.

ff3866b5.jpg

Once fitted you can refit the lower housing by bending the tabs back again.

f05b766f.jpg

Refitting in the car is reverse of removal, but use the two 13mm bolts supplied to bolt the mount back to the subframe. Also make sure the tabs on top of the mount are lined up under the metal bracket on the engine.

6a2fb865.jpg

Your all done for the rear mount. I will post up the front mount one in a bit.

Jay

It's easy honest :)

OK so on to the front....

First off remove the 17mm bolt from the top, easily accessed down behind the radiator.

2bcd4ab4.jpg

Then remove the cover from under the mount on the underside of the crossmember.

f2950e2b.jpg

This leaves the lower part of the mount visible. Undo the 8mm cap head screw and remove the lower part of the mount.

f0371b2d.jpg

Once this is removed you can jack the engine up and wriggle the upper section of the mount out. With this out remove the old rubber section and fit the new poly piece. Again I used copper slip, but not essential.

8168c1bf.jpg

Once done refit the upper part of the mount back into the crossmember and lower the engine back down, this will allow you to push on the smaller lower mount part.

a2735cde.jpg

Then just bolt on the washer and metal disc with the 8mm cap head bolt supplied and refit the cover.

All done.

Mine just arrived. Thanks very much Jay!

I will be waiting for warmer weather before I fit them.