dilly

Corrado carbon roof skin

Outside halfords in maidenhead yesterday i got talking to a fella in a mk1 golf with a carbon roof skin (looked awesome). He did tell me the people he got it from have closed down. Does anyone know of any manufacturers that would make one for a corrado????????

Hi, I have a carbon roof on my Corrado, indeed it is the first produced by the now deceased Performance Trim. Bummer that they went down as I lost £350 deposit on a carbon tailgate, without so much as a response to my numerous calls or a letter. The roof itself is a good product and strips 30kg off the cars weight, and more importantly from the top of the chassis.519f91b3-f60e-9db0.jpg519f91b3-f643-c918.jpg519f91b3-f690-de89.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Leigh, we can do this for you. Apologies for the delay in continuing our conversation, but since return from holiday we have been flat out. Because I know your hours are mad too, please call me when you can to discuss further. I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards, John JMR

Outside halfords in maidenhead yesterday i got talking to a fella in a mk1 golf with a carbon roof skin (looked awesome). He did tell me the people he got it from have closed down. Does anyone know of any manufacturers that would make one for a corrado????????

Just seen over on ClubGTI that a company called LWS Designs has picked up where Performance Trim left off. Their website is currently not up but should be in two weeks and from CGTI site they are offering 10% off Mk2 CF roof panels (so could try getting that extended to include a Rado roof).

For info, I am in no way affiliated with any of these companies just sharing what I have found elsewhere.

that's good to know - I have recently removed my sunroof mech and plated the hole but i'm not 100% happy with it. I'll try contacting LWS after christmas and see what they're saying. Hopefully they'll do bonnets et al.

It would seem that LWS have either bought all the old moulds and production rights from the expired Performance Trim, or Mike has gone back into business under a new name. Either way the product line up is identical to that of PT, even down to the photos of my Corrado to illustrate the carbon roof! With our experience of this product, having had the first item fitted to my car, If any of you opt for a Carbon roof please feel welcome to approach JMR for installation quote.