jbcorrado

I bought this car new in 1990

Hello Corrado People. Great website.

I bought this car new in 1990. Original paint too :)

It has been in the rain maybe a dozen times in 21 years ;)

Basically a brand new Corrado. Still love to drive it.

Thank you northG60.

These are truely cool cars, so I just decided to keep it. The car has 73,000 miles on it. I have had a variety of other cars come and go, but this was the first new car I ever purchased.

At the time I knew Aaron Neumann at Neuspeed,(great guy) so when the Corrado came out I called him and said I would like to do what you are doing to yours. So it has one of the first HP kits including cam. Basic Bilsteins and some of his prototype lowering springs that were designed for East Coast USA roads as opposed to the slammed California stance.

We need some suspension travel here :) Had to rebuild the original G60 once, so I did the Bahn Brenner rsr version. I would have to guess that my g60 may be the cleanest original left on the plant? His was the first VW to make the Road & Track Supercar Edition circa 1990-91. I have the article someplace.

very nice G mate....... thats some serious staying power owning it for 21 years mate you must be one of very few hats off

---------- Post added at 07:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 PM ----------

Hi Supercharged

Yes it US spec. I was selling VW's way back when in my "Yoot"

We were able to get killer deals through VW on "executive demos" back then. I still have the window sticker someplace.

The car has no sunroof..which is super rare in the states, but has all the other options you mentioned.

Very nice! A G60 with leather, ABS, A/C and ELRA - US spec?

Really nice, you have to be one of the longest terms of ownership of the same vehicle!

Interesting thought aide.

I bought it when I turned 30. Sheesh..I am a Geezer LOL

Really nice, you have to be one of the longest terms of ownership of the same vehicle!

Very nice! A G60 with leather, ABS, A/C and ELRA - US spec?

Given that he seems to be based in the USA, I'd say that's a safe bet ;)

Looks absolutely lovely and great to see an original, unmolested, one owner Corrado.. can't be many of those left any more!

At the time I knew Aaron Neumann at Neuspeed,(great guy) so when the Corrado came out I called him and said I would like to do what you are doing to yours. So it has one of the first HP kits including cam. Basic Bilsteins and some of his prototype lowering springs that were designed for East Coast USA roads as opposed to the slammed California stance.

Great bit of history! I've always held Neuspeed products in high regard and now I know where the name came from :D

We need some suspension travel here :)

So do we! Our local councils like to leave potholes unfixed as free speed limiters. And when they do bother themselves to fix them, they use the lightest dusting of the cheapest possible tarmac, which blows away in the wind the next day.

Have a look at the Suspension discussion thread and the VR6 dropped spindle thread. Suspension and ride quality are high on the priority list!

Thank you Guys!

I will check out those spindles too. What a great idea.

Fish your car is Sweet!

Will have to check out everyones cars on here.

Excellent site!

Do you still know Neumann, and is he still involved with Neuspeed? Just wondering if he could be persuaded into making more Corrado parts again ;)

Just wondering if he could be persuaded into making more Corrado parts again ;)

Such as VR6 dropped spindles and remaking their awesome rear triangulated tie bar!

I talked to them around a month ago. They helped me get a some Bilstein rear shocks under warranty.................. after 21 years!!!............... because I had the original receipt LOL

They got the approval from Aaron, but I did not speak to him directly. They have The Best Customer Service I have ever experienced!

He did remember me though and said to say Hi!

Back in the day I sent them a lot of customers.

Bilstein still has lifetime warranties on their shocks. Pretty cool. It didn't cost Neuspeed anything either... ;)

Do you still know Neumann, and is he still involved with Neuspeed? Just wondering if he could be persuaded into making more Corrado parts again ;)
Edited by jbcorrado

I should really put some leather conditioner on those seats. I have not put any on for a long time. Not sure what the best of the best leather stuff is???

Any ideas greatly appreciated :)

great history on this car and nice to see a very well kept G60.......i want your seats lol