Swompy

Drying sound deadening

AS the title says I have been trying to dry the sound deadening foam from under tha carpets the whole time the car has been getting the new engine with now joy.

They are went from the water leaking in through the heater fan which will be fixed asap

Im running out of ideas what has worked for you?

tempted to put them in the over :shrug:

get rid of the old fabric section and replace with some new closed cell foam (CCF) instead. Keep the heavy top layer which is the actual sound barrier, the green fabricy section just decouples it from the body. Use the heavy layer as a template to cut out the foam. You can use something like Luxury liner pro from Car Audio Direct, or maybe some stuff from Sound Service. There may be other CCF suppliers too.

They will never dry properly, and will probably always smell :( I would get some new underlay from a carpet shop. Go and ask if they have any offcuts in a similar thickness. Keep the old ones to use as templates.

---------- Post added at 08:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 PM ----------

Hasan beat me to it :)

Mine got wet when the folliage vent was blocked , fortunately i was strippin the c for a respray anyway , dumped the carpets in the washin machine . Sound proofin was left hanging in the garage with a tray underneath ,could not believe the water that came out !!. I then left it on the boiler [also in the garage ] which after a while dryed it .