floppyman

27 Nov. 2011 RR Day Plots

Is your intake switching? Mine's hooked up to AUX 3. On (torque mode) at 900rpm and off (Power mode) at 4100rpm.

Mine's sequential injection and OEM coils and both cams are hooked up. My cams aren't yet mapped (running full retarded, or 'off') and it still pulls like a train low down. I'm using the OEM DBW throttle with a DTA controller. I will be mapping the cams on a dyno at some point in the future.

I will send you a pic of the timing map I'm using.

I will send you a pic of the timing map I'm using.

As promised...

Based on TPS v RPM + MAP compensation. Use at your own risk ;)

R32_timing.jpg

R32_timing1.jpg

Hi Kev.

You've just opened my eyes.

The intake manifold flap was always turned(pulled down) on at 4100rpm by actuator. That means it has always worked in opposite way.Open for power when engine was in low speed. No wonder I have no torque under 4000rpm.

I will be very grateful if you can share your experiences and help me to sort that aux output for flap actuator.

Thank you very much for the map.

David

Yep, that's it. Flap pulled down = Torque ports. Flap up (off) = Power ports ;)

My flap vacuum gear is all standard, so I literally just connected it to AUX3 and mapped it. It just works :D

Here are my flap settings. You don't HAVE to add more fuel for the torque ports, but I did, just in case the lambda fails and it runs in open loop ;)

You are my hero.

I have done some mapping session with new torque settings and engine is much more thirsty(around 30 in fuel map) then in power mode.

Thank you very much for help.

To be honest,I dont think I know what Im doing. There is no response from normal driving,mapping ecu. I have connected inlet cam sensor and inlet camshaft. I can see sensor readings,but I have no idea what angles,timing should I put in table. For now Im trying to use different settings for camshaft adjustment through cam base PWM only..

Btw. For now Im using simpler switching of variable intake manifold flap on AUX4 as I dont have wiring for Aux3. Works great,but solenoid is a little bit noisy when switched on. Should I use hysteresis for slower action?

I do apologise guys that I hijacked this thread.

Here's as good a place as any ;)

Setting the cams up is best done on the dyno really but it can also be done by looking at the lambda corrections. Start off with small PWMs in the cam table. The basic principal is to advance the inlet cam fully at low engine speeds to maximise cylinder filling, then slowing retard it back to zero as the rpms rise.

The cam settings need to know the cam angles, so I would switch to flywheel mode 26 and then configure your coil-per-plug settings like this. The DTA will then give you a cam static position of around 90 degrees. Mine's 88. If you choose to run sequential fuel, these settings will keep the same cam tooth as the cams advance and retard.

coil_per_plug.jpg

As for the solenoid noise, I don't get any from mine :D I run it at the maximum hz of 400.

Can anyone help. My motor put out 135 ( 136 standard) 2.0l 16v. I got KR cams, de-cat, 3.5" exhaust and stainless 4 branch. Also K&N guaranteed 5horsepowers!

Vernier pulley for the cams?

Very useful info Kev. :) Thanks

After few mapping sessions I must admit the torque at low speed of R32 is immense. Great fun on a motorway. I have standard Vr6 FD plus long 5 gear but even that car is accelerating nicely. Now I can hear sucking air in through BMC CAI and the exhaust tone is totally different. Much more racy. I love it.

I think this thread is also very useful http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?4051402-24v-VVT-Mapping