EJ Taylor

C7 VDB - Regret

Looks really good, been thinking about having mine vinyl wrapped at some point, tempted by black.

Looks really good, been thinking about having mine vinyl wrapped at some point, tempted by black.

yer i considered it as a "cheaper option" but once i looked into it, after needed to pay a body shop to flat the entire car back, then sycing that with the date needed to wrap it as you cant drive round with a car with filla all over it its a nightmare and it only looks good for about 3 years and then after that you peel it of and your left with the same ****ty body work you had before, in the end i just bit the bullet and went for paint haha

I was going to do it all myself (maybe), i know a guy that's just done his own car and cost him about £400 iirc, i was only planning it to last a few years while i debate a respray.

Got this little fella

10525807_10154379026095524_645062312202652836_n_zps5bc42d4d.jpg

Also the cars currently down at LMF in bicester getting its custom bolt in cage done and some other bits. As soon as thats done we shall start cracking on the 2 seater conversion. Many panels etc to make :)

More to come!!!!

So, Over the last few weeks shes been at Liquid Metal Fabrications in Bicester, being stripped and then having the custom bolt in Roll Cage done, Also having some new plugs custom set up, a service and a few other bits,

Here is a sneaky peek of the cage progression, the main hoop is going in today. Exciting stuff!!! :cool: :cheers: :bonk:

10570442_10154417246250524_5728788641008061938_n_zps6461e395.jpg

SO!

Cage is finished!

In short,

Custom bolt in rear cage made by Liquid Metal Fabrications in Bicester, Loop behind the back seats, beamed to struts with rear strut brace and X brace. Welding is spot on and overall a seriously well built job.

rear strut brace it welded rather than bolted as in my opinion and others in the future when i run harnesses of it its better to be welded in place, main reason the rest it bolted is so i can remove it to paint it pretty colours!

10609031_10204259527312370_1829337719_n_zpsdce5a70b.jpg

10608804_10204260455775581_1602470273_n_zps47d2ebe3.jpg

10592048_10204260452935510_847162006_n_zps57b0a42e.jpg

Got the new throttle cable coming from the states, front OMP brace to fit along with Sytec fuel filter, oil filter oil, and custom set up iridium plugs, all in all going to be awesome when finished!

Just gotta get that LSD and custom build to the rear sorted now.

Generally happy with progress though :)

Edited by EJ Taylor

Sweet work mate love the cage has it made any difference to the feel of the car ?

i wish i could answer that haha, these are pics the chap doing it sent me, still has half the dash out and is completely stripped inside, only a few more bits to do then ill have her back and will be able to answer, im hoping all this along side the full poly bush kit, front omp strut brace and KW v2 suspension should make for an awesome ride! ideally ill be getting some upgraded anti roll bars soon as well

So, Over the last few weeks shes been at Liquid Metal Fabrications in Bicester, being stripped and then having the custom bolt in Roll Cage done, Also having some new plugs custom set up, a service and a few other bits,

Here is a sneaky peek of the cage progression, the main hoop is going in today. Exciting stuff!!! :cool: :cheers: :bonk:

10570442_10154417246250524_5728788641008061938_n_zps6461e395.jpg

Is this the same place that does longlife exhaust, a guy called Rob ?

top job sir :salute:

I look forward to the LSD and box as im in the mood too better start saving!!

Mee to man, the LSD needs to happens, im ummin and arr'ing about which to do first, the custom sound install and 2 seater conversion or the LSD, one will drive beter the other with sound/ look better... :scratch:

looking good dude

thanks man!!!!!

Cage look's a top job it's fairly transforming this keep it up :thumbleft:

feedback always appreciated clumpy... shes getting there mate, slowly but surely becoming something special

Is this the same place that does longlife exhaust, a guy called Rob ?

Yes mate in Bicester, Rob is a good friend of mine, cages isnt something they have really advertised in the past, but they want to start doing them more now, me and rob came to a good arrangement and my car is sort of a demo/ mobile advert for what they can/ and want to start doing. Hopefully bringing them allot of trade. honestly a top job! ill get some more pics when im next down there, one of the guys down there is a bit of a vr6 demon so he is having a little play atm.

Looks well mate will be smart when its finished

Thanks mate, soooooooooooooooooooooo much to do yet haha, busy winter for me!

That looks excellent! Would love a body coloured roll cage in mine but that will be a loooooong way down the road

Car looks badass mate, love what you have done with it. Just read your whole thread..... was a bit of a journey wasn't it? :)

What did you use to yellow your fogs?

Fantastic work buddy. Loving the look. Good figures too with a vortech ;)

I see your a rotrex man... how is it? after collection Friday it is probably going to be closer to 330... really want to get her in a dyno to test it out!

That looks excellent! Would love a body coloured roll cage in mine but that will be a loooooong way down the road

Jamie at the moment im stuck between either colour coded.. or crinkle black... i just think crinkle black would look serious!! :scratch:

Car looks badass mate, love what you have done with it. Just read your whole thread..... was a bit of a journey wasn't it? :)

What did you use to yellow your fogs?

Thanks man, i really do appreciate that feedback. as we all know its not easy creating your idea of the perfect rado, but after all the current work, the LSD, the custom 2 seater panel conversion/ sound install a bit more of a re paint and then the custom manifold and zorst system she might be somewhere close! hopping to smash 2015/16 show season man :)

and the yellow is just some cheapy ebay self adhesive tinting film the guy who does my tyres had at his house, he recons it better than lamin-x as lamin-x is to thick... thinking on tinting all the light with a light smoke though and if i do i may go lamin-x just because its the shizz! if i do ill let you know how i get on with it as a few have said the thickness is its downfall

same here with the shows of next year as mine hasnt turned a wheel this yr & I have big plans for over winter.

I also have laminex on my fogs/ indies ATM and though thick it does the job. its fiddly to get right though.....

same here with the shows of next year as mine hasnt turned a wheel this yr & I have big plans for over winter.

I also have laminex on my fogs/ indies ATM and though thick it does the job. its fiddly to get right though.....

do you find lamin-x restricts the light passing through or not?

erm good one, I have to say I just dont know mate

well tbh anything substantial you definitely would of noticed so thats enough confirmation for me, also i have hid's so they'll go straight through

sorry mate, I dont have lammy on the headlights just fog & Indies. I got tinted lamp covers on the headlights that let plenty of light through

Definitely body coloured cage for me mate.

I have Lamin X on mine and it doesn't seem to restrict the light at all (I have HIDs as well) but even the indicators still seem bright enough. I like the thickness as well as, it probably won't, but it gives the impression it will protect the lights from stonechips etc