EJ Taylor

C7 VDB - Regret

Great to hear that as it's a very good description of what I mean. My 340bhp 1.8T took off like a bloody uncagged bull, could be terrifying and dangerous and I could never drive that car on the limit as it was just too lary.

The SC Vr6 is a true gent to drive, nothing unexpected and the delivery is smooth. Only thing that would indicate it is boosted is the "Airwolf" style howl as the revs climb. Otherwise you would just think it is a 3.2ltr VR6 engine.

My car is scattered across the garage in bits again :( in a rush to get it together for the RR day now!

One of my loves about the corrado is its ease of drive, i didnt want to take that away! if i wanted a mental turbo animal i would get a Starlet Glanza all day long haha.

Im thinking a forged engine, 1.5 bar, a digital dash and a 9k limiter might be the future for me. (OBV inc all the extras) :D Time shall tell! If you weren't the other side of England i would offer a hand! Im sure you'll have it all sorted by then! :D

See I found my VRT quite progressive to drive, you just have to use the throttle in the same way. You learn how to do it i.e a quick dap to build boost then control the throttle. A tuned 1.8T is not really the same either as they tend to have a lot of power early then tail off.

Nice car, good result after the hard work.

Latest on the list is front and rear upper OMP strut braces

602891_10153547074135524_1880244946_n_zps5511b1d9.jpg

Really looking forward to fitting these! :dance:

Also the SWG Motorsport vent gauge pod arrived :dance:

1424505_10153547073875524_1714156234_n_zps78d10a73.jpg

waiting for the VDO gauge to arrive from the states now :cool:

Also instead of rear seats there is now a twin slot ported JL Audio box as below in there as a temp until we do the interior build over Christmas

http://www.jlaudio.co.uk/cp212-w0v3-car-audio-basswedge-subwoofer-systems-93283

so that will be up for sale soon after crimbo so give me a shout if you want to have first dibs

Will stay updated.

Peace!

Edited by EJ Taylor

awesome read mate would love to see your car one day.

cheers bro :) hopefully will be attending shows and meets far and wide next year. Would be a shame not to!

Love the build mate and all that you have done , exterior , bay , attention to detail but speakers and subwoofers dont suit the car imo

Each to there own though mate im sure you will make a neat job of it

Love the build mate and all that you have done , exterior , bay , attention to detail but speakers and subwoofers dont suit the car imo

Each to there own though mate im sure you will make a neat job of it

yer they are not my cup of tea either, but i just want some HUUUUUUUGE bass temporarily, got them for a good price from the boys at JL Audio so when i come to sell them will have a good bit towards the build, was more of a "buy to sell" strategy than anything.

My end result, will be 2 slim line subs flushed into a false floor with amps flushed into each side of the boot area, all grey carpeted to match the existing finish and look almost factory. Im with you though man, just bare with me.. have faith ;) haha

Thanks for the kind words though, means a lot :)

Saw this the other day parked next to me at Sainsburys Kidlington, looked so good! Quite into the white wheels too!

Just some updates, havent been on for about a month! Cars been locked up since really. To much on the list,

For now though, after speaking the the owners at Oxford car audio and the uk sales team from JL Audio we decided my car would make a lovely JL Audio/ Oxford Car Audio demo car, which is sick! So me and lemi (owner at oxford car audio, man who build the alpine R32, Alpine Passat CC and many more iconic demo cars) have been doing some sketches, we will be converting it to a 2 seater as ive wanted to do that since day one, and installing 2 JL Slash amps (Beautiful things!) along with 2 JL Audio W3's how its all laid out is a bit complex to explain, but ill upload some of out pencil sketches next week. will be incorporating the rear strut brace with some awesome design features by Lem.

For now i got busy the other day with my JL Supplied HUGE box of dynamat. needed to do this as i have nothing in the back ATM the road/zorst noise was killer! (almost managed to make it look like its all done with one sheet :dance:

1526157_10153647967240524_1767643435_n_zpse9f99572.jpg

1528610_10153647966590524_603035683_n_zps469b93de.jpg

1601256_10153753827035524_1585070882_n_zps0ee49833.jpg

The sweeeeeet little VDO PSI Gauge came from the states as well. Looks sick, such nice quality, very in keeping with the rado dials and so much nicer than all the other gauges ive seen.

995242_10153548018585524_216192852_n_zpsd15e2c92.jpg

and together with the SWG pod :smug:

1616289_10153753824930524_323210839_n_zps9f9f3cb7.jpg

And then a standard looking pretty photo!

1607105_10153753830785524_488629218_n_zps501d971c.jpg

Although atm it sat on speedlines on front and cups on rear due to a puncture. not guna lie, its sorry for itself atm. But now my financial situation has recovered all works will be back under, need to fit the braces, the pod and start the timber work for the build.

More to follow! Hope you are all well!!!!!

Nice work mate big plans ehh , sure it will be a nice build well done on getting it to demo car thats quality

Like that little guage too will look nice when its fitted

Can you post the specs up of your wheels and adaptors mate i really do like them alot , probably one of the only wheels id swap my speeds for

Nice work mate big plans ehh , sure it will be a nice build well done on getting it to demo car thats quality

Like that little guage too will look nice when its fitted

Can you post the specs up of your wheels and adaptors mate i really do like them alot , probably one of the only wheels id swap my speeds for

Cheers man :) Wheels are porsche cups 7j on front ET 50 9j on rear ET 70 on 40mm 5x130 to 5x100 spacer/adapters, currently running 205/40/16 on front and 215/40/16 on rear. soon to be changed for wider tyres alround :)

:salute:

Nice gauge! I assume it lights up green?

yes mate, same as the rado :)

The rear section will consist of a false floor for storage. Incorporating the rear strut brace into the divide/amp rack (jl audio slash amps) replacing where the seats are with twin jl audio W3 and using the 4 arm rest bolt holes to secure the build. All done by myself and Lem the creator of the alpine passat CC, the alpine r32 ml5, the Oxford car audio beetle and a lot more. Exciting stuff

had a day off yesterday so got a few bits done including the gauge and vent pod fitted.

Looks sick! and nice to have the more accurate PSI gauge over one measuring in bar.

1978693_10153849501240524_1304257058_n_zpsbbc7a5f0.jpg

Also got a brand new Bosch battery and Bosch Starter motor.

After i fitted the above i went for a drive being a nice dry sunny day, and i honestly forgot just how savage the car is. With all the mods made it an animal, and the more i gain control over the constant battle with traction in 1st 2nd and 3rd the more im really starting to realise how quick the thing can go. Fell in love all over again.

Now those little bits are done ive started the shopping list for a good service, so for those who care more to come..

Hope you're all well!

Nice work. I butchered my centre air vent to fit a boost gauge a few years ago, but it looks good in the side vent too. I've seen this around Oxford a few times and it does look great.

Nice work. I butchered my centre air vent to fit a boost gauge a few years ago, but it looks good in the side vent too. I've seen this around Oxford a few times and it does look great.

thanks man! you local? should come to the DCO meets!

nice job !

i like the psi gauge im running one in bar !

i do miss the vent though

Went for the PSI just because of reading accuracy, the charger only runs at 9psi so a bar gauge wouldn't show me f all really! and yes, the vent pod is a really nice product

thanks man! you local? should come to the DCO meets!

nice job !

i like the psi gauge im running one in bar !

i do miss the vent though

Went for the PSI just because of reading accuracy, the charger only runs at 9psi so a bar gauge wouldn't show me f all really! and yes, the vent pod is a really nice product

Like it mate it does look good but i think the white was more my taste and style they seemed to stand out more , nice work as always though mate keep it up

That looks mean!!! Love it!

Agreed

Like it mate it does look good but i think the white was more my taste and style they seemed to stand out more , nice work as always though mate keep it up

thank for all the kind words chaps! photos dont really do it justice to be fair!

Hopefully see a few of you at one or 2 shows this year as well!!