EJ Taylor

C7 VDB - Regret

Guest sam1990rhodes

[ATTACH=CONFIG]84090[/ATTACH]

Had enough. Been going on for a month or so now. Finally resolve it all and he comes back at me with this bull ****. I've got no more tolerance with him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

haha shes a thing of beauty.

Been off the road now for a few years now poor old thing, the old man promised me since we got it we will be putting me on the insurance when im 25, next year! He doesn't really have the spare time or money to maintain it so cant wait to get my hands on it properly. Basically, my dads a coach builder, specializes in Porsches, and old Bugatti's, type 30's and so on, also anything really, Website:

http://www.chestertoncoachworks.co.uk/

so about 7/8 or so years ago, a guy who he builds allot of porches for, a collector, invited him to his house to look at his full collection, walking about there was this huge thing with a cover on, dad asked to have a look at it, pullled cover off and behold it was the 411, he won it in an auction years before. Dad liked it, he didnt really care what happened to it, so said he could have it for what it owes him, about 3k. Me and the old man got the money together and behold, it was ours!!!! being a 6.5ltr, i was never able to get insured on it (despite still having the odd cheeky drive). but he assured me, when i was 25, i would be. Thats now next year!!!!!

With regards to the value, little did the seller know when he sold it, it would go on to be one of the most desired Bristols there is, Bristol contacting all 411 owners wanting to buy them back and re sell them with modern electronics etc for over £100k. It went on to beat the classic DB5 Aston as classic car of the year at the footman james classic car show a year or so back and has gone from strength to strength, ones in a similar condition to ours going for anywhere around the 40k mark. and going up and up and up.

for a car from the 70's its mental, 350bhp, 6.5ltr V8, top speed just shy of 150mph, all electric windows, in its day was an absolute monster, and the noise the engine makes has to be heard!

Like i said, cant wait to be insured on it, the corrado being a 2 seater, that will be the 5 seater of choice for any lifts or events that need a few passengers!!!!

nice website that is EJ :D

i am guessing your dad is in the same kind of area as yourself?

i have saved it as a favourite as my dad has a 1978 SC Targa which is hopefully going to be making an appearance at some point

nice website that is EJ :D

i am guessing your dad is in the same kind of area as yourself?

i have saved it as a favourite as my dad has a 1978 SC Targa which is hopefully going to be making an appearance at some point

tbh i should really do them a new one, its alright though haha. some nice car they have done, he hasnt always worked there, used to do XK jags.

Oh wow, thats a special car man! just the sort of thing he specializes in aswell!!!!

Well if there is ever a moment when the bristol and the SC Targa are both working and on the road have to do a little cruise or something haha :D

tbh i should really do them a new one, its alright though haha. some nice car they have done, he hasnt always worked there, used to do XK jags.

Oh wow, thats a special car man! just the sort of thing he specializes in aswell!!!!

Well if there is ever a moment when the bristol and the SC Targa are both working and on the road have to do a little cruise or something haha :D

m8 that convoy would be awesome!

i still remember the goose bumps i would get as a young lad when my dad would start the porker - that flat six rumble is just sublime

it is a 'last of the 3 litres' from 1978 & non whale tale :D

does they just to bodywork or do they tackle the mechanics side of a resto too?

m8 that convoy would be awesome!

i still remember the goose bumps i would get as a young lad when my dad would start the porker - that flat six rumble is just sublime

it is a 'last of the 3 litres' from 1978 & non whale tale :D

does they just to bodywork or do they tackle the mechanics side of a resto too?

Body work and body work alone im afraid mate.

Agree, they do sound the nuts!!!! Almost as good as a Vr :bonk:

Body work and body work alone im afraid mate.

Agree, they do sound the nuts!!!! Almost as good as a Vr :bonk:

cool i will keep that in mind

from memory the body work is excellent with the exception of a bubble by the bonnet badge & maybe another one or two somewhere - it only ever did dry miles by the owner my dad got it from & then my dad did the same

was a warped head, for anyone interested. So that even more money.....

Corrado life.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]84099[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]84100[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]84101[/ATTACH]

**** ! Bad times mate

Iv a decent head if you need one sat in garage

That omp adaptor is sweet would go well with a nice suade wheel

**** ! Bad times mate

Iv a decent head if you need one sat in garage

That omp adaptor is sweet would go well with a nice suade wheel

Also thanks for that mate, appreciate it, ill let you know how it goes.

Sweet i had the team 280 i think wich actually felt like a team 150 !! Was like turning a mcdonalds drinks lid

mate, ive driven a few mates cars with 280's haha, the difference between that and the 300 is incredible. Does literally feel like your driving with a party ring. Really fancy that OMP 60mm spacer though, its billet as well. Im an absolute sucker for anything billet.

757841e041972f1d7774453be1ebc9f6.jpg608385914bd1a87a031da1630bd4f2ce.jpg

Dropped it off at OBD works. Started it up first time for a while and noticed Some blue smoke when driving it. Also throttle isn't holding on revs. Has an inconsistent wobble and Coolant over pressuring and ****ing out. Seems maybe head gasket although only had it done 7/8k miles ago at stealth. Going to get it tested Monday. Preparing for the worst. Still going to get the work done Sears and all but just want to know what's happening and asses what I need to do and what it will cost. I f ing hate this car sometimes. Does look awesome though haha. An expensive love affair.

Thing of beauty

Thing of beauty

Thanks man :D be getting her back from stealth soon. 2 weeks to go

So excited.

Picked it up Friday. A few tiny teething problem but touch wood all sorted now and running better than it ever has.

Managed 325 on the dyno but figures mean nothing. All I care about is the drive of it and it feels beautiful. Never felt so smooth and controlled. Also never had a car with a LSD before one things for sure I'll never be without. No more one wheel flaring now it bites and grips and pulls, even on the ****ty nangkangs. Can't wait to get some decent tyres on it. Nangkangs will do for mivw though.

Pics aswel from the weekend. My mates 420kg 900cc FireBlade Westfield he drove me to pick it up. We were both shocked as how the Corrado stood up to it aswell!

Both out will about 2am Friday night :lol:

198238f99b167f4ba06852780a8be91f.jpg

fe9ee76c25f6dde6e6074510a657cf93.jpge6f9c83ee0301cce6607b581f6517a77.jpg

b631ac12818435243f167283f083a597.jpg

1f39b0a84365f1fc84dc0526454c8bd4.jpg

65033a408fd0b75ef1ecb7d3ddc7eb4c.jpg

275233a9c425cf957843dd51006773f7.jpg

Overly excited now to drive it to Holland. Will be grinning like a child the whole way there.

Thanks dude. Few last minute checks and additions over last couple of days. Finally got round to making the floor for the back aswell. Bit of 4mm plywood and some carpet did well. Knocked it up in an evening.

48c65741b7db0da35b5096ae092b2d55.jpg

Been using it for work all week. Just to reassure myself it's ready for the journey. It's burning oil and smoking a tiny bit which is a bit poop but Vince and James at obdworks said its running amazing. Vince said I might of just damaged a piston ring ever so slightly when I cooked it. Have to just keep an eye on the oil.

Few pics in the car park.

9bca34b27109dc811fda532dbdc016b2.jpg

6ed4671cd536498e9e8ad244a88bc17b.jpg

Fingers crossed she does me proud.

Haha. We are in the middle of fields space hasn't been used since we had the offices built 6/7 year ago. But tbh. I think that's a worthy spot for a Corrado anyhow ha.

nice pics & glad it is running well - i do love your wheels! lol

fingers crossed about the piston ring

i see you have the devils own kit in - any verdict on it & how it is performing? am i right it basically helps run more power but with lower oil temps? it looks tidy in the boot anyhoo :)

on a slight tangent - is your the place your dad works at mega money for body & restorations? i know they work with porker's etc & the gallery on the site looks tidy, do they offer any guarantee's on the paint work?

also, have they any experience with plastic welding

i need to start looking into places for the VR but i have been burnt by body shops previously - as my poor VR bonnet displays currently :(