EJ Taylor

C7 VDB - Regret

Hahah so true about the haribo. Had it with supplements. Never with car parts. Something to look forward to I guess haha. Cheers for the compliment on me bits mate. Haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

757841e041972f1d7774453be1ebc9f6.jpg608385914bd1a87a031da1630bd4f2ce.jpg

Dropped it off at OBD works. Started it up first time for a while and noticed Some blue smoke when driving it. Also throttle isn't holding on revs. Has an inconsistent wobble and Coolant over pressuring and ****ing out. Seems maybe head gasket although only had it done 7/8k miles ago at stealth. Going to get it tested Monday. Preparing for the worst. Still going to get the work done Sears and all but just want to know what's happening and asses what I need to do and what it will cost. I f ing hate this car sometimes. Does look awesome though haha. An expensive love affair.

Yes it really does look superb EJ.A credit to your efforts and dedication. They can be trying though!

Car parts with free Haribo, that's the only thing i've found so far.

lol i love ordering from Firebox.com as for years they have sent a pack of haribo in the box with each order :D

We are hoping we have solved the issues. And it's not gasket related. I'm staying open minded though. As always great work and overall service form OBD-works. Meanwhile. He's managed to creat some bespoke seat adapting runners. Thus the first recaro is in and fully adjustable as factory fitting into the original runner set up.

So what was up?

A combination of a few things we think, has a few issues, and james (obd-works) spent the day problem diagnosing and testing, did all cylinders as you can see, all came back ok.

was over heating when running, kept getting hotter and hotter and hotter and hotter and spitting coolant out the expansion tank pressure valve, yet when you turned it off, fans came on as they should, james established the fan control unit was wired incorrectly, they were not coming on at all when the car was running, how, i have no idea. maybe previous work by someone.

Electronic coolant pump little one on side of engine, was not working at all, so that's being replaced.

The temp sensors, blue yellow and black plugs things, black one wasnt responding at all, nothing. so thats another contribution.

When i had my front strut brace fitted, the mechanic who i used (because he is so close to me) that i dont normally use , lowered the coolant tank to get it out the way of the brace, james thinks changing this bringing it lower than the heater matrix could creat issues. Air obviously goes to the highest point and this was no longer the tank.

Also last time i did the pump i put the plastic propped one in, so i could bet money his has lost a few props.

Blue smoke, 3 plugs closest to the inlet manifold had oil residue, one of the crank case breathers pipes wasnt connected, also the charger set up james thinks it might be sucking in oil straight from the breather valve, rather than vapour, so we are installing a catch can.

Fingers crossed, its all a result of a combination of all of these, and not the head gasket,

Any advise or input appreciated.

Edited by EJ Taylor

Some picture sent over by OBD-works of current progress/findings. I said I want the underside inspected repaired and re sealed. The large rust hole I already new about. Glad he has spotted and is sorting all the other little bits aswell. Those rear discs though. Haha. 0a6fd7ed993c47c15f694a6ce2f79449.jpgf66ce04a678867716caf637ac05461d5.jpga7aa71aee97379f4546b3af462455282.jpg933f57afe00d289da3248cd5d1ed9be6.jpgd8ba32f0c5d72a220dbbfb4c785bff01.jpg0d6881002f6231438f0e69dfac7debd3.jpg42bb364a908fbb831b2d8600cb62706d.jpg

Does the car sit around outside for a while or get used regularly? My RS4 discs have gone the same way and its purely from sitting about over the winter.

Does the car sit around outside for a while or get used regularly? My RS4 discs have gone the same way and its purely from sitting about over the winter.

Lives in a locked, water tight garage, but only done about 8-9k in last 5 and a half years of ownership, dont even think i have ever changed the rear tbh. Car was in such a **** state when i bought it. Priorities in the wrong places! Got my head straight now and were its going now though!

That's probably why there like that then, probably before you got it. New discs or get those skimmed but new ones are cheap enough. My RS rear discs are £500 a pair!!!!

That's probably why there like that then, probably before you got it. New discs or get those skimmed but new ones are cheap enough. My RS rear discs are £500 a pair!!!!

Bloody hell! thats steep!!!! saying that, saw an 16 plate RS6 parked up the other day, the dics on it looked f ecking mental! my first though was i bet it cost me than my car to replace a pair of those! yer going to get some new ones mate, they are well past it!

Sniff test done. Head gaskets gone. f uck my life. Some s hit I could be doing without.

Sniff test done. Head gaskets gone. f uck my life. Some s hit I could be doing without.

ahhh poop & double poop!!!

Oooops time to start spending on the mechanicals, rather than toys and nice haves.

ahhh poop & double poop!!!

I could put it in a few different words haha

Oooops time to start spending on the mechanicals, rather than toys and nice haves.

Dude ive already spent thousands and thousand on mechanics, was only 2012 i had the head gasket and chain done at stealth, had head skimmed, pressure tested, cam followers, cam shaft sensor, so on so on, not to mention the endless things changed and upgraded since then, only thing left standard is the block con rods and pistons.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]83934[/ATTACH]

How it all looked the most recent time it all came out had a once over and went back in again.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]83935[/ATTACH]

:thumb right: