EJ Taylor

C7 VDB - Regret

3 are done, the 4 i noticed some of the red primer underneath the color just showing through :( and we had clear coated it :lol:

My bro still has that one and has re sprayed it yesterday, not sure what to do with the barrels! was thinking white!

Then the dishes need to get repaired and polished up, I am thinking black bolts :)

The C2's Arrived From the Boys at JL Audio Friday, They do look after me well. Anyone want any "special" Prices let me know!

IMG-20121027-00317.jpg

Hoops appeared this morning too.

IMG-20121026-00313.jpg

Good old Postman!

massive mate, did the whole roof, the pillars the back of the door and the inside and outside of the inner door skin, the door shuts like a merc now and the amount of road noise it has reduced is amazing, not to mention the improvements on the sound system, ok so a grands worth of kit might have also aided that. but the improvements are amazing. only down side being the added weight.

just the reg number ending XSS is Aberdeenshire area

I currently own a 1996 Moonlight Blue VR6 Auto, registration N866XSS. This was registered in Aberdeenshire, and spent most of its life around there and Edinburgh till I got hold of it a few months ago. Previous owner used to write the occasional article for Sprinter, and when I got it was all Stickered up with CCGB, and 20th anniversary. My car is standard looking and in amazingly good condition with absoloutely everything working. Currently up for sale on here, though reading your article makes me want to keep it and go down a similar road with it!..

Very Happy with these, after sending the cheap crap back, ordered some decent quality ones, they look feel like really well made bits of kit.

3000k so dark yellow, should be a nice retro look. be fitted tonight :)

IMG-20121113-00339.jpg

(yes i know there an mot failure)

JL Audio C2-690tx Stealth shelf, re-trimmed to incorporate VW logo.

PICT0015.jpg

PICT0012.jpg

PICT0001.jpg

PICT0006.jpg

PICT0009.jpg

Really happy with the results, Next on the list is the boot build, have something subtle but impressive in line.

Like the stealth shelf with the central VW logo - different. Did you do that yourself?

Def looking to build a stealth shelf into mine, although I'll probably encapsulate the woofers on the underside of the shelf some how too for that seamless look

one of the guys @ the shop did it for me as a surprise. Was well chuffed. I could get yours done though, do you mean subwoofers? as they need to be boxed really!

Edited by EJ Taylor

Nice work.

I'm proud of your use of sound deadening.

Really helps out the rado as it truly is sh*t for sq as standard.

That was nice of them! I'll no doubt build the shelf myself as I'm in the trade anyway, cheers though

Ideally you want to build enclosures for all your woofers, this includes sub woofers and mid-hi woofers usually (coaxial speakers) located on parcel shelfs etc. The reason for the enclosures is to stop forward and rear generated sounds becoming out of phase with one another, effectively putting a dense / solid barrier between the directional sounds being generated. Enclosures help to eliminate distortion and echoing, allowing for a tighter and punchier sound. They also help to balance the system, especially if you want to run and get the most out of your EQ.

Props on the sound deadening too BTW ;)

Edited by tentonhammer

That was nice of them! I'll no doubt build the shelf myself as I'm in the trade anyway, cheers though

Ideally you want to build enclosures for all your woofers, this includes sub woofers and mid-hi woofers usually (coaxial speakers) located on parcel shelfs etc. The reason for the enclosures is to stop forward and rear generated sounds becoming out of phase with one another, effectively putting a dense / solid barrier between the directional sounds being generated. Enclosures help to eliminate distortion and echoing, allowing for a tighter and punchier sound. They also help to balance the system, especially if you want to run and get the most out of your EQ.

Props on the sound deadening too BTW ;)

i know this, haha, i was thinking you were saying that you were going to mount subs in your shelf. "as they need to be boxed" meaning they ent guna do sheeeeeet on the own in a shelf! haha

and cheers man, made a huge difference!

SO.... yer.... haven't been on the forum for a long while, basically some Tw*t forgot to stop at the give way point on a round about and smashed straight into the side of me!

IMG-20130223-00459_zps79e46938.jpg

worst thing is her shi tty little fiesta was still ok after, mine came off alot worse!

BUT! i will not be doing what 60% of the rado owners seem to be doing these days and accepting defeat and either breaker or scrapping. Im in this for the long hall.

big plans

big ideas

WATCH THIS SPACE!

gutted for you mate, Pleased to see your fixing it though!!!!

Mines been hit by a bin truck while parked and someone tried to tourch it but.................. It still keeps going and i fix it every time :)

I have some spares that would help like the wing and bumper. PM me if you need anything.

Ouch !! I Hope you are Ok and glad you are fixing the Corrado and not giving in

Being in Oxford, you coming to the Monthly Meets - this Month - at Shennington - North Oxford near Banbury.

Would be good to meet the folk nearby.

Wing, Bumper, track rod, Lower arm, hub, maybe drive shafts, alloy, basically the speedline took the brunt of the impact.

Ugh :( Sorry to hear this.. look forward to seeing what you do when you get it back on the road though!