mtc R32

A Storm has arrived

Although I'm supposed to be in the process of getting rid of my toys......:rolleyes: I thought what I need to do is pick something up that I can get my teeth into as a slow evolving project...

Always loved Corrado's.... and certainly the Vr's as they just drive so good when right!

Anyway..... Recently rescued this Storm, which was in need of abit of tlc.

Cheap enough to play with so...... Off I went to have a butchers :lol:

1995 Corrado Storm, Very straight and honest car with minimal owners. Been Sat for awhile but managed the 130mile trip home with ease. A very enjoyable drive actually :lol:

Some Pics of how she stands atm...

2011-11-28125025.jpg

2011-11-28125102.jpg

2011-11-28125124.jpg

2011-11-28125154.jpg

2011-11-28125252.jpg

Needs a good thorough clean and alittle cosmetic tlc but nothing too bad. Interior is in excellent nick with suprisingly very minimal wear to the bolsters... Actually the best i've seen on the cream leathers....

Worst bit is around the petrol cap as its been forced open and damaged the flap, although it will straighten the quarter edges have been dented, so my plans are to cut it out and put another in.

2011-11-28125219.jpg

As its a Storm..... Im thinking of staying Very OEM this time, trying to keep it a mint classic.

Eventually, I'll be putting in for a full respray but for now i'll get the winter over with first which should give me the time to decide where im going to take this.

Maybe a small drop of 40mm on the suspension with shocks and springs..... I would like to change the rims but just not to sure what to go with.

What do you guys reckon...... Any ideas for inspiration ;)

looks likes a nice base to start off with, drop me a pm sometime mate and we will have to meet up.

karl

looks likes a nice base to start off with, drop me a pm sometime mate and we will have to meet up.

karl

Yes Karl, defo have to meet up. Never got chance last time i had my black vr.

I see you soon bud. Can't wait to see your motor

---------- Post added at 09:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 PM ----------

Keep the suspension standard but chuck on a 90mil splitter. You will learn to love the standard suspension especially with our crap roads!

lol, was only just thinking about the suspension and how comfortable it really is.

Does look like its on stills though

---------- Post added at 09:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 PM ----------

Trying to find a set of rims that will replace the originals but abit more modern and bigger is proving to be harder than i thought.

Mmmmmm

Yep - think the solitudes as a wheel have aged well and look great on the Corrado now.. not that I'm biased. Looks like a nice solid base for a project and I look forward to seeing it evolve! :)

you have to lower it imo, they just look ridiculous as standard :lol:

i swear non-corrado people must think its broken