Swompy

foliage seal replacment

I started to change the foliage seal today and replace the fan as it has stopped working.

Only got so far as part of the new fan is missing so waiting for that bit to come.

When I got the foliage cover off I noticed this bit, is it supposed to be like that

The bit at the end of the screw driver is it supposed to over lap like that?

IMAG0572.jpg

IMAG0573.jpg

No, it looks like your heater box has been fitted incorrectly at some point...perhaps been taken out to do the matrix with the dash still in and then not put back properly?

Thought as much, might explain why my mats were so wet.

Will have to wait till tomorrow now as my garage lights are shocking

Thanks guys

Third'd'd'd'd.

Clearly refitted wrong or pushed through after some argy-bargy from underneath. Definitely won't seal properly like that and quite possibly the cause of your leak.

--------

Re-looked at pictures, basically the whole heater-box needs pulling down and the raised section will line up inside the chassis cut out. I'm surprised your dash even fits with it like that, likely throwing the whole heater box off at a weird angle.

I reckon remove a few trim panels and have a wiggle. :dance:

Might just shift it back into place, alternatively its a part dash removal to re-align. :bonk:

Edited by StueyB

What would be the best way to fix it.

I had a quick look earlier but the light wasn't great and couldn't see a way of undoing the heater tunnel

You should just have to take out passenger lower shelf, and maybe glove box so you can see what's going on,

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Ya all of that has been taken out as I had to take the heater fan out that way. Will let you know how I get on tomorrow

Fixed it :cheers::dance:

But couldn't push it in without cutting a bit of the corner off of the housing but much rather do that than take half the dash out :D

Should have a nice and weather tight seal now no more water just need to stop the sun roof the leaking now

There is supposed to be a bit of foam that sits on top of that bit you pushed back in to ensure the air being drawn in by the fan is actually coming from outside the car and not recirculated air.

Truly is a fail. On the bright side I do kind of have heating now even if the fan only works on 4

Truly is a fail. On the bright side I do kind of have heating now even if the fan only works on 4

working on four means the thermistor is broken.desolder old one,resolder new one one,job done

Might aswell ask here instead of starting a new thread, what if the fans work fine on 2,3 and 4 but don't work atall on 1? whats at fault then?

Might aswell ask here instead of starting a new thread, what if the fans work fine on 2,3 and 4 but don't work atall on 1? whats at fault then?

Propably the switch contacts on 1 are not making a good connection either that or you fan is that knackered it won't rotate on 1.

Propably the switch contacts on 1 are not making a good connection either that or you fan is that knackered it won't rotate on 1.

I thought it would be contact related, its not mine thats not working its the GF's

Thanks Yan