CorradoWannabe

Corrado R32 Insurance

So planning ahead here - anyone have an idea about how much it costs to insure an R32 Corrado? Any example quotes or recommendations for places to try would be useful!

I asked the current owner of the one I am after and he said the car is currently insured as a VR6 Corrado - not something I want to continue.

Mods / details are below:

R32 CORRADO STORM FOR SALE

96 Corrado Storm

N registration

Classic green with beige leather interior

ENGINE + RUNNING GEAR -

Mk5 R32 engine transplant. (engine has only covered just over 9,000 miles)

Emerald K3 ECU. (mapped to an estimated 280bhp)

Aeromotive adjustable FPR

Dubpower polished 6 branch stainless steel exhaust manifold

Milltek 2.5” stainless steel exhaust (de-cat)

Modified R32 throttle body to run a cable

New VR6 clutch

Slimline 290mm pacet fans

BODY -

Resprayed in original classic green (LC6U)

FK rear lights

CHASSIS -

Lowered 40mm with uprated shocks

R888 tyres. (front only

(Feels odd posting back on the forum after many years of not having a Corrado / not looking for one)

why not call a few companies like Adey Flux etc?? Must be the best way to get a cost for the car + you/ your circumstances.

Footman James, Brentacre, hic, green light etc.

Dont know any of you're details so have to have a ring round.

still dont know enough to give you anything other than a guess.

garaged, type of use, miles per year etc.

and with prices going as mental as they have done id def bite the bullet and ring an insurance company.

last i remember of hearing on r32 insurance was between one lucky chap on here paying around £350, classic policy limited miles etc, to one chap having a renewal come through at just shy of 1k.

id ask what the price is if you install a cat 1 alarm to it too, pay for themselves fairly quicky and give you a bit of peace at night.

That £350 - 1k helps - I'll be calling up a few places tomorrow morning - just wondered about ballpark figure.

Thanks for the tip about the alarm too. Will definitely look in to it.

Don't bother calling anyone other than adrian flux - legends.

you say that but i seem to think the £350 ish was with footman james! ring as many of the decent ones as you can in my opinion.

I paid £680 to insure mine this year. I'm 38, maximum bonus, garaged over night, zero crime post code.

It would have been £450 were it not for the stupid b1tch that drove into me in Nov 09 and getting 3 points for driving over white lines last year.

I was £500ish for my 24v one and about £700 for the turbo. That was full claims, no points, 6kmiles a year and garaged in the middle of Aberdeen. Thats with Brentacre. As a comparison the standardish VR is about £400 ish a year for the same policy.

£400 seems a lot. Is that because of Aberdeen or something?

I paid £240 for this year's insurance on a std VR6 with Admiral. It's a multicar policy. The Touran 2.0TDI was £305 on the same policy. OK I'm 48, both cars max no claim, but the C is insured for 8k miles per year, Glasgow, parked in drive, and includes cover for work related use, and a replacement car.

Hope I'm not in for a shock next time

Greenlight - (using an tool on their website) unable to provide competitive quote due to your postcode - I'm in SW20

Adrian Flux - £2,960!! Told that it is high as it would be my first year of ownership! Totally threw me!

Brentacre - waiting for them to call me back...

Brentacre took 2 hours to come back to me - but worth the wait - they quoted £780 (up to 280BHP) & on the condition that it is fitted with a CAT 1 alarm / immobiliser... the R32 Corrado dream is back alive again for me :)

Going to try the classic car insurance route now with Footman James...

i wouldnt bother with classic..... they wont let me have a classic policy due to mods & mine still has the engine it rolled out of the factory with.

Footman james won't insure a car with engine swap or turbo/charger kit, but they are ably to insure mods like, brakes, wheels, exhaust, lights etc

you say that but i seem to think the £350 ish was with footman james! ring as many of the decent ones as you can in my opinion.

Got a quote from Footman James which included quite a few mods, so they do cater.

hmm... i tried through footman james and they wouldnt touch an engine conversion. adrian flux was around £600 with a £10k agreed value and brentacre was £850ish..

very strange how different results can be!