Sign in to follow this  
seanoVR

Private plates

Anyone know how much it will cost to get a plate with VRG at the end?? Something like M15 VRG??? Don't want to spend too much, but would like something still on an M or L

Try http://www.dvla-som.co.uk/home/ 8)

M17 VRG £250

M18 VRG £250

M20 VRG £250

M22 VRG £250

M33 VRG £250

M44 VRG £250

M55 VRG £250

M60 VRG £250

M70 VRG £250

M77 VRG £250

M80 VRG £250

M90 VRG £250

M99 VRG £250

M200 VRG £250

M222 VRG £250

M300 VRG £250

M333 VRG £250

M400 VRG £250

M444 VRG £250

M500 VRG £250

L13 VRG £250

L14 VRG £250

L15 VRG £250

L18 VRG £250

L19 VRG £250

L22 VRG £250

L33 VRG £250

L40 VRG £250

L44 VRG £250

L50 VRG £250

L55 VRG £250

L60 VRG £250

L66 VRG £250

L70 VRG £250

L77 VRG £250

L80 VRG £250

L88 VRG £250

L90 VRG £250

L99 VRG £250

L200 VRG £250

those £250 ones are £375 inc VAT and transfer fee.

Yup... still kicks the hell outta £1000 number plate prices though... ;) 8)

cool. i could have

N47HAN for £29000 inc VAT :D

Hmmm, my initials will cost £15K!! KNH 1

Still, name related plates are naff anyway, car related ones are much cooler....especially those VRG ones

I'm well happy that my car's already got J***DUB on it... 8) At least that's £375 I won't have to spend... ;)

The only name one I wanted was H3NNY... it's on a multi-coloured Porsche at the moment according to that RAC tool... ;)

When I bought mine (L30 VRG) it was £250 all in, transfer included in that :)

The only name one I wanted was H3NNY... it's on a multi-coloured Porsche at the moment according to that RAC tool... ;)

What RAC tool is that then mate? - I hate a look around the site but couldn't find anything

Is it possible to get plates with 'G60' in them?

VR's with the VRG in their plates look cool.. :)

Henny wrote:

The only name one I wanted was H3NNY... it's on a multi-coloured Porsche at the moment according to that RAC tool...

What RAC tool is that then mate? - I hate a look around the site but couldn't find anything

I just looked up H3NRY but its on a SMART PURE SEMI-AUTO COUPE, Nevermind! :lol: :wink: :lol: :mrgreen:

Reg Transfers were very good, I'd recommend them, did my plate KVW 200N for £99 plus fee. Very hassle free process.

Cheers guys. That money is now burning a hole in my pocket, and for £250, can't argue with that. :D How easy is the whole process from ordering the plate to getting it on the car? I suppose all relevent documents have to be changed immediately, like MOT, V5, etc...

Well, if you go through someone like Regtransfers it's quite easy (they explain in more detail on their web-site) Basically as I recall, you send off a photocopy of your tax disc, the bottom slip from your V5, and your MOT certificate, plus the plate cost and the transfer fee. If it's very near tax renewal time include a cheque for that as well. They then go through the transfer process with the DVLA. When the transfer is complete they send you a document from the DVLA authorising the make up of your new plates (you can't do a thing til these come back) , your MOT certificate back but with the new reg written on and a DVLA stamp, and a new tax disc with the new reg on it. Then you can get the new plates made up and fitted. The V5 follows on in due course a few weeks later, which is why the document authorising your new plates is vital, because without that or a V5 you wont get new plates made up! That's it, not as bad as it sounds because the reg. transfer people do it all for you, you just follow their instructions and send them the documents they need. Only problem is after a few weeeks you get seriously impatient about wanting to ditch the 'old' plate and fit your nice new plates! :lol:

I'm considering one for mine as I hate the plate that's on it now (M940 MTH it looks like it says MOTH! or MOUTH, don't like it).

Can't tell you what it is incase you steal it, but it's a good one, and only £366 on the car.

Plates are bloody rip off. Upwards of £350 just to use a number that's been sitting in a pool of unused ones for god knows how many years.....and to add insult to injury, the government get the money, who screw us over enough as it is.

what happens to your existing plate? is it still yours..

i.e

you buy M20 VRG and after 3 years want to sell it...can you just sell it and put your old plate back on the car?

i almost bought a plate for my CRX (G7 CRX...looked like GT CRX) but put the moeny towards the respray instead... mind you that was cheap at £400 compared to the one i really wanted.. CRX 16V at £5000