JJS

JJS Wheels

Hi guys, taken me a few years to post into the members gallery so about time I added something.

The Corrado comes in first. My first experience of a Corrado following a succession of Golf's and has turned out to be the car i have kept the longest. Had put her up for sale for reasons i'll explain shortly, but for now and maybe for a longer while yet she is staying with me. :o)

I trust you are finding the corrado community as enjoyable as the R32 Macdaddy? Very much looking forward to the Mk4 R32, always wanted one, just like the corrado VR6. My mates dad was a car trader back when i passed my test ..cough @#20@#...years ago now and my mate used to pull up in a different car each week that they were selling on. The ones that always stuck in my mind were a Mk1 Golf Gti (Lhasa Green) and a Corrado VR6 (Mystic Blue).

So after learing to drive in a fiesta my first purchase was a Golf Mk1 Gti (Lhasa Green) replaced by a 99 Golf Mk4 GTi Turbo (Blue), then an 01 Golf Mk4 V5 (Silver), 01 Mk4 GTi Turbo (Silver), Corrado VR6 Storm (Mystic Blue). Arriving shortly 53 MK4 R32 (Silver). Some pictures to follow.

Start the year as you mean to go on. A wash and wax day!

Hope to meet some of you and your wheels in 2012. Brooklands is a cert for a family day out.

She reminded me today why I still love the Corrado so much. Not driven her for 3 weeks and she fired up like she'd been out only the day before and on taking a look at my heater controls it turned out to only need the contacts to be cleaned up and straightened a bit. Now working on speeds 1-4 once more!

She drove like a dream over to my parents house were she will garaged for the a for the remaining Winter months.

Smart looking machine you've got there.

The pics after the wash and wax show how nice the paint is.

Might catch you at the up and coming events, promised myself to allocate time this year to get to them.

Smart looking machine you've got there.

The pics after the wash and wax show how nice the paint is.

Might catch you at the up and coming events, promised myself to allocate time this year to get to them.

Thanks Rams. Think I'd have to go some to match yours though. Will be good to finally get out and meet up with fellow Corrado spotters!

Nice Storm, looks in really good condition. Whats the mileage? have you owned it long?

Hi Chris, purchased in 06 from a member on here who loved her to bits but moved on after spending a little too much on her at Stealth Racing!. Bought with 104k on clock and 6 years on its on 119k.

Edited by JJS

Very nice example, shame you had to let it go

Thanks. Not gone, just garaged for the winter. It was the previous owner who spent 3k on her at Stealth Racing not me squire! I'm still reaping the benefits of that i guess as only had minor corrado faults and standard servicing / MOT costs since then.

So this may be my last week with my VR6 storm which i've enjoyed immensly for the past 6 1/2 years. I've taken a deposit and the time has come to pass her on to another vw enthusiast while I enjoy a slight change of wheels and focus on my Golf R32. I love the Corrado and this forum has to be one of the best out there. Nearly 2000 users online tonight says it all for a 17+year old car. I will continue to browse daily with interest and offer experience or advice if i have any to give. For now here are my last pictures of my storm which is nearly gone but not forgotten. One day in the future after i've had some R32 fun the Corrado may pull me back and i'll be on the look out for another. The Corrado does get under your skin that is for sure. :)

Yeah it's odd and a little unsettling. I sometimes think "Hmm what do they know that I don't. maybe I should sell too". I've started getting thoughts of R32's too. But I honestly don't know if I could sell now. I know I'd miss it too much. I enjoy simply owning it as much as I do driving it. It's a sad, sad day when I'm one of the "old gits" on here and I've not even been an owner for a year.

Glad you got a sale but a shame you're leaving us for a bit (you'll be back!).

Oh, and the 2000 users isn't accurate. The time out value on the site has been changed to several hours so each person still shows as online even if they logged off some time ago.

I've got a feeling you may be right there Portent and i'll be back one day but for a short while at least my mid life crisis is in full swing and i need to try out a car or two before i end up sharing a Corsa with my children. I promise i won't buy a boxter though (sorry no offence to anyone who has one!) I really want a unit somewhere with a selection of the best VW's but until that lottery win its going to have to be one at a time!

Watch out for that mid life crisis. Having been through one I can vouch for the fact that it can kick you right in the teeth when you don't expect it. Some of my worst decisions were made at the time :)

On Saturday my Corrado Storm passed on to a new enthusiast for a price we were both happy with. Really glad to see her go on to be enjoyed and cared for by a new owner but i did have a tear. The night before she was to go I took her up to the local BP for some Ultimate for the new owners journey home and I had a bloke come over to the car and the usual 'I wish i'd never sold mine!' comment which didn't help. That was then to be my last drive as new owner has taken her a couple of hours away for a new life.

I'm now behind the wheel of a much loved low mileage MK4 Golf R32 but will remain a Corrado spotter and enthusiast. This is a great forum, some good banter and very helpful advice. Keep up the good work guys

Jon