Portent

A piece of Brooklands iconic track

Final last chance bump to see if we can get more interest to take us to the £150 squares rather than £125. I will probably buy the square tonight if I get time and we get no further volunteers.

Ohhh go on then, would be nice to put a face to some of you guys. i know Jake is keen to see if i've been looking after his excorrado. Send me a pm with details & i'll transfer some cash this evening:thumbleft:

Ohhh go on then, would be nice to put a face to some of you guys. i know Jake is keen to see if i've been looking after his excorrado. Send me a pm with details & i'll transfer some cash this evening:thumbleft:

Thanks. I've dropped you a pm.

The Square Has Been Bought

I have now bought the square. I bought a £150 square as it's for a good cause and also so that we don't get trumped by another forum :D. I covered the shortfall myself so won't be asking for extra donations. But if anyone else still wants to donate then feel free to contact me.

I've bought the following square: "Section 9 Straight C". This means it's obviously in section 9, square C and "Straight" refers to Whitney Straight who raced at Brooklands and recorded the 4th fastest lap there.

Why That Square?

I had to pick a random square. So I at least tried to pick one that had some tentative connection to the Corrado name. This square stood out for a very tentative reason...

"9" symbolises the 1990's when most Corrado's were sold (I appreciate they launched in 1988 but most were sold in the 90's). "C" is obviously the first letter for Corrado. "Straight" is a tentative reference to the VR6 - Taken from Wikepedia: VR6 is the German word "Reihenmotor" (meaning "row engine" or straight engine). I don't mean to favour the VR6 over G60 or valvers of course :)

What Name Is On The Square?

The square can be seen by going to www.bankingonbrooklands.co.uk

The square is currently showing simply as "unavailable". I need to set it up when I have a free moment (I'm still at work). I'll do this in the next few days and confirm when I have.

Next Steps

I will setup the square to have the Corrado forum name in the next few days, and confirm when I have. Once again, many, many thanks to everyone who took part.

Edited by Portent

Nice one mate :) I look forward to seeing our yard at the CCGB national day!

For some reason i thought we were going to have a meet up there as well at some point....has that been talked about or am i just loosing the plot??

All paid & thanks for organising Adrian

How many people donated in the end?

For some reason i thought we were going to have a meet up there as well at some point....has that been talked about or am i just loosing the plot??

All paid & thanks for organising Adrian

How many people donated in the end?

13 people including you and me.

The meet-up is separate and not related to this donation thread. The meetup is being organised by the CCGB (Corrado Club GB). That is also £10 on the door I think. The event thread is here: http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?59944-National-Day-2012-Sunday-20-May-Brooklands

So if you misunderstood that my thread was simply to donate £10 to Brooklands by sponsiring a square yard of track (www.bankingonbrooklands) then let me know and I'll happily refund the £10 icon_smile.gif

EDIT: I've just changed the square to show the owner as www.the-corrado.net and a message indicating it was bought with donations from members.

EDIT 2: Yay, it has been updated now :dance:

Edited by Portent

I thought i had read about a meet at some point. Thanks for putting up the link:thumbleft:

Was more than happy to donate on behalf of Forum to help Brooklands. Thanks for the offer of a refund though:smug:

Just about to view our plot now.

Hopefully see you all over there in May:cool:

This arrived in the post yesterday:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]51127[/ATTACH]

I'm not sure if they can supply any extra copies for the people that donated. But if anyone is desperate for one then I'm happy to ask them.

Edited by Portent

Brilliant :) I'm more than happy for you to keep ownership of that seeing as you set it up :)

Oooh, nice. Portent, do you have a scanner - it would be great to have a high res copy of that if possible?

Oooh, nice. Portent, do you have a scanner - it would be great to have a high res copy of that if possible?

Yes I have a printer with a scanner on it. I need to install the drivers onto my PC but I'll try to do that in the next couple of days and upload it somewhere.