duncgti

immobilizer and alarm troubles help please!

Got my vr6 running fine now but its having a few problems with the alarm. The immobilizer fob works and the car runs but the dash light starts flashing after about 30 seconds also the alarm fob doesn't work at all so i have to manually open the doors. Is there a secondary back up battery for the alarm that could be faulty as the car has been sat for over 2 years? or does the alarm controller need to be re set? im not sure whether its a factory fit alarm the guy i bought it off seems to think it is. There is also movement sensors inside the car and a bonnet switch for the alarm as well, any help would be appreciated as i havent worked on alarms befor The car is a 1993 btw.

I had the original(i think) and an aftermarket clifford removed from my car, the control box for the original was behind the glove box, although i'm sure i've read they can also be behind the centre section under the heater controls etc. I replaced with a toad Ai606, just called someone out to do it, he removed all uneeded wiring and fitted the new one for £250, well worth it as it would have taken me forever and still wouldn't have been correct, also insurance companies like to see certificates for cat1 alarms on corrado's. I know thats not helping with your problem but at least you could look for the control box :)..............oh and if you do plan to remove the glove box, prepare for lots of swearing :lol:

Good luck