trigger83

standard suspension

hello,thinkin of goin back to standard suspension, what do i need,where do i get it and how much is it gona cost? any ideas? currently running coilovers. any help would b greatly appreciated.

Top mounts, bump stops, springs & dampers plus all the nuts and spacers etc.

As for cost, more than the coilovers probably if you go genuine VW for all of it.

Best bet is new dampers, a set of used springs and then genuine top mounts and bump stops etc - be around the £350-500 mark off the top of my head.

vw prices are horrendous, about 4 years ago me and a mate were doing he's suspension as he had rubbish coilover and we opted for this kit as he's money was tight http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-GOLF-Mk2-83-91-2-0-GTi-35mm-PI-LOWERING-SPRINGS-SUSPENSION-KIT-SHOCKS-/330650097733?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4cfc481845

very very comfy ride and only a 35mm drop so nothing stupid, i would seriously consider these over going oe

karl

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-GOLF-Mk2-83-91-2-0-GTi-35mm-PI-LOWERING-SPRINGS-SUSPENSION-KIT-SHOCKS-/330650097733?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4cfc481845

very very comfy ride and only a 35mm drop so nothing stupid, i would seriously consider these over going oe

karl

Would a mk2 set up fit ? Would a mk3 set up be more suitable ? Only ask as I'm in the market for some shocks and they don't list a Corrado in their listings ?

Thanks, James

Later mk3 gti (8v & 16v post 94) as well as vr6 topmounts are all the same. Any one of those should be ok provided they fit the C. Spring are stiffer for the golf vr though to compensate for the weight. 8v and 16v gti were the same

Thanks Karl, but it's for the 8 valve. Mk3 GTI set up ?

the last link i put up was for the mk3 vr6 set up James