iamsilverfox

best brakes to fit under 15" wheels?

evening all

im after a brake upgrade on my valver. had a flick around a few forums and it looks like im pointing towards audi s2 girling callipers, with g60 carriers?

ive got an early 16v, and the brakes must fit under the 15" ronals im running. Could someone give me any suggestions regarding to calliper choice, carrier, hose changes, and what disks/pads? What im aiming for really is more stopping power, and something that fits nice and snug inside the wheel.

thanks

steven

any more info on them please?

I bought them from their factory in Dartford,(25mins from me) they sell them as a kit, discs,pads,hoses,4pot calipers,spacers,fluid all bolts. Calipers come in different colours.tell them you've ordered before from them,they give discount for repeat custom ! Have a look on their website for current prices !

No wheel spacers needed, but my skinny spare won't fit over them ! IIRC the early valvers had a full size spare ?

I bought them from their factory in Dartford,(25mins from me) they sell them as a kit, discs,pads,hoses,4pot calipers,spacers,fluid all bolts. Calipers come in different colours.tell them you've ordered before from them,they give discount for repeat custom ! Have a look on their website for current prices !

No wheel spacers needed, but my skinny spare won't fit over them ! IIRC the early valvers had a full size spare ?

yeah full size spare. and sorry if im being an idiot but link to their website, i cant seem to find it :bonk:

288s ?

Thats VR's and only as late Mk3's had that size. 280mm on a standard valver is more than enough. Why not look at them first i.e. G60 brakes.

G60s

S2s

Willwood/hi spec

All depends what you wanna pay.. G60s should do the job, s2s a bit more and others if youre track daying..

So is it 280 or nothing for the VR?

They only came with 280s as standard. People fit all sorts but most commonly 288s and 312s - 312s won't fit under 15" wheels but 288s will fit under some 15" rims.

My 312s should be going on later in the week, will have 16" Oz Ultraleggeras to go over them once they've been refurbed :)

Stone

Bear with me why i explain my reasons for buying the hi-specs !

after buying two sets of G60 calipers on here,only one set turning up,!took them in to be reconditioned,only one caliper was done,as the other one was "unfit" on the bleed nipple thread !

I didnt want to throw good money after bad,so i did my homework!

Having used Hi-spec parts for other cars,i knew there parts were good.

on the 11/10/2008 i paid £646 for the complete kit (285mm discs)

ok its a lot of money,but the caliper will fit a 323mm disc,just by changing the pads and caliper spacing !

I have NO fitment problems,no wheel spacers with my 15" estorils,and they work really well !

You get a choice of pads with your purchase,i have the EBC reds,

There is enough room on my wheels to get a 300mm disc,but until i find a cheap pair of 305mm ibiza discs and get them machined down,i will stay with what ive got !

P.S. ive done close to 34k with the brakes !

Ah i thought they came with 288s :oops:

Really interested in these brakes. Will these brakes perform better than standard even if they're the same size - im referring more to modern design rather than size.

G60s

S2s

Willwood/hi spec

All depends what you wanna pay.. G60s should do the job, s2s a bit more and others if youre track daying..

think im leaning towards s2's tbh. how much would i be looking to pay? and what would i carried would i need to go with them?