MikeVR6

Help with Boot Lock

I just realised today that my boot doesn't lock!

The lock is in the 3 o'clock position, which makes it lock independently of the central locking. My key fits the lock but does not turn it.

Both main and spare keys operate the door locks and ignition but not the boot.

I looked up re-tumbling the lock, the tumbler and spring set is €52. Part no

There's a guide to doing a door lock on the wiki, is the boot lock the same?

Alternatively, does anyone have a spare boot lock and key? Not bothered about having an extra key and I only need to use it once to set the lock to operate on the central locking.

The central locking on mine locks the boot in the 3o'clock position,12 o'clock is the dead lock, if you turn the key clockwise past the twelve o'clock position this unlocks the boot even if the central locking has failed !

Yes you can re-tumble it,once it's all cleaned and re-greased I found it one of the easiest to do !

I would look on the back of the lock and make sure the central locking activator hasn't come disconnected,or that it's still working !

Hope this helps, good luck

I have no problem attempting the re-tumbling. Looks easy enough. Although the kit is expensive and enough to re-tumble about 10 locks apparently. I'll post a wanted ad for a boot lock and key as that will be the easiest option.

How do I remove the lock barrel from the boot lid?

take the boot cover off and should be two nuts or bolts that hold it in place. undo these and some of the levers it should come out without taking the number plate pinth off.

i had an issue with my boot not locking but when I checked I had forgot to reconnect a push rod to it. check yours all looks fine first before retumbling.

btw im sure the tumblers will be of use to others on here so might be worth putting an advert up??

Hi mikevr6

Think my boot lock is doing the same think and I also think that it may be this that is not allowing the alarm to reset.

Do you have a picture of how the boot lock should look on the inside so I can see what's wrong with mine?

Much appreciated

Miles

---------- Post added at 11:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 AM ----------

Hi mikevr6

Think my boot lock is doing the same think and I also think that it may be this that is not allowing the alarm to reset.

Do you have a picture of how the boot lock should look on the inside so I can see what's wrong with mine?

Much appreciated

Miles

There are two arms attached to the lock. These work the actual lock mechanism and the central locking functionality. Check neither of them are detached from the lock.

My issue was someone had changed either the boot lock or the doors/ignition locks and not given me the key for the boot.

Easy fixed. £20 for a secondhand lock and key on here. And 15 minutes to swap over.