Portent

£1200 to spend

Every 6 months I get a payment from work for carrying a phone with me and being contactable. It had slipped my mind and I will be getting it at the end of the month.

Plan A is to keep it as Corrado maintenance fund. But I could almost guarantee it would be eroded over a few months by the family spending it on non-essential items like food and clothes.so it would probably be gone by the time I need it. So this is the most sensible option and most likely but also it may just get frittered away quickly.

Plan B would be to use it to get some minor bodywork issues tidied up, such as a few parking dings, front end tidy up, etc.

Plan C maybe some engine work... What would 1200 get me as far as engine overhaul or performance mods? The chains have recently been done but that's obviously not the same as getting head work done etc.

So what would you do with the money?

I would go for the bodywork , to me its one of the most important issues to sort . As for headwork , depends how far you want to go , mine was £2,800 but that inc chains . Not sure what you would pay now for a port n polish or a pack 'a' as i have . As said the body has to be looked after ,if the engine runs n pulls well then leave it and use next years bonas for that .

Edited by robrado974

spending it on non-essential items like food and clothes

just the way i like to keep my family, naked and starving :)

The chains have recently been done but that's obviously not the same as getting head

This is all I saw!!!

Back on topic if the car is running 100% then bodywork is the one! No feeling like driving when the car is on form and looking perfect too!

This is all I saw!!!

Well I'm sure that with £1200 I could definitely get a lot of, ahem, head work ;)

I've just realised one area I'm not happy with the car, aside from bodywork; it needs a new windscreen. The current one is showing its age and while I've got used to it I do recall it being one of the things that made me think it was an older car when I test drove it. I might look into that a bit further.

Edited by Portent

Can Autoglass etc still supply the windscreens? Had some gravel flung up at me yesterday and I've a few surface chips now :( At least they didn't go all the way through, but they probably will at the next frost...