Sign in to follow this  
Timo.

"LAD" Conversion Peugeot 205 Gti

Anybody ever heard of this conversion? Its called the 'LAD' (dont know whether thats the right spelling)

Basically they strip the engine down, rebuild it, tune it up so it produces 160 BHP instead of 130. Install new suspenion, lower etc. Upgrade the brakes, these are about the same size as are on my sisters scooby turbo!!! Massive. Fiddle with the gear box a little and just generally peep up the car. Probably forgotten something.

Anyway, my next door neighbour has just had this done to his car (1.9 Gti) as it was pretty much buggered.

Have a guess how much it cost, i bet you never get it right. 10 pence goes to chartiy out of my pocket if anyone can get it. That's right, i'm feeling flash today 8)

enjoy

timo

Well it's either stupidly low or stupidly high so....

£900

or

£3,100

well done scruffydubbers, ten brownie points goes to him. Its was actually ~ £3500.

The car isn't even worth that amount of money. But, he does love his car, its a shame i'll still beat him. In a straight line anyway, when I get my beast chipped (happening very soon).

ta

competition over

timo

I met a guy at a RR day who'd bought a 306 GTi6 engine (Ladd tuned) supposedly 200bhp, think it cost him about £3000...

When he got on the rollers it made standard bhp - around 170... needless to say he was not well chuffed :?

I met a guy at a RR day who'd bought a 306 GTi6 engine (Ladd tuned) supposedly 200bhp, think it cost him about £3000...

When he got on the rollers it made standard bhp - around 170... needless to say he was not well chuffed :?

Ah ha 'Ladd'. cheers Shilakadaddy. Well it just shows what a waste of money it was. I mean, why dont you just buy a faster car!!!

timo