ww-promo

Late heater working intermittently - ?

Hi,

I have searched the forum and have not found this problem, yet. Can anyone help me as its starting to ice over in the mornings!!

My heater will work as it should then may slow down and speed up randomly with out me changing the setting. Then it may stop working altogether!

Continuing to drive for 5-10 mins it may just come on again.

Sometimes when I start the VR it wound not work at all, but may kick in in say 10mins or so into the drive.

When the heater is working all the settings do work!

Has anyone had this same issue or know how I can fix this problem?!

Thanks!

Heater was working on all 4 settings this morning!....

….I noticed on my way to work this morning with the heater on 4 it would seem to slow down when I applied the brake and speed up under acceleration.

Would this be a faulty/loose connection somewhere?

drop the passenger side undertray and have a look at the two spade connections going in to the fan motor. They may be corroded or just loose. Replace if necessary or clean them up and spray with wd40 before refitting.

Or it could be the motor's starting to seize up. While you've got the passenger-side knee tray removed, grab it firmly by the base and give it a quarter turn - it should come out of the heater duct quite easily (careful, it's heavy!) and you can inspect whether the vaned top section spins freely. They can get wet due to leaves etc building up under the scuttle tray which may have caused it - if so some lithium grease may salvage it, but new ones are pretty cheap and readily available.

Stone