Johnny H

Changing all the Speakers in my Corrado

Hi Guys.

I'm thinking about changing the speakers in my Corrado with upgraded ones.

I've been trying to found some good ones but i dont want them to been seen, i still want them to look standard.

Any idea? what have you got in yours??

Thanks Johnny

I had some Hertz ESK130 (13cm) components at the front - with the tweeter in the dash, and Fusion Encounter 6x4" at the back. The fronts installed just fine, but had to cut away some of the plastic for the rear mounts at the underside. This isn't really visible, and I think you have to do this for most speakers.. This setup gave nice sound, but not too much bass. Would recommend a subwoofer too, but I guess that depends on what you're listening to.. :)

If you want more bass I guess the SpoonFedTuning door pods are helpfull, as the enable you to have 6.5" (16.5cm) speakers in the doors (stock is 13cm).

http://spoonfedtuning.myshopify.com/products/corrado-door-pockets

I have some Apline SPR-50C's in mine.

These are compents and the door ones fit straight in no hassle, the tweeters were put in the dash and require a little messing about to make them fit such as cutting and sticking. Both tweeters and speakers can not be seen.

I would however recommend building up the door speakers on some speaker MDF round layers. Attatch the MDf to the door (not the door pocket) and then teh speaker to the MDF. This'll aid bass, well overall sound quality and stop any vibrations or rattles from the door plastics.

I have some alpine 6x4 SXE4625S in the rears, these are a straight swap and fit in no hassle and can't be seen.

Anyone who puts giant sub woofers in car boots should be buried alive in them! lol ......it's a car not a mobile disco.......listen to the sound of that engine......pure music!