Madjackal

Schrick Cams??

My VR came with a box off stuff, among which was a pair of cam shafts. I was told that the car was fitted with schrick 268 Cams. On further inspection of the history, whilst Stealth did fit these, there is a later invoice which includes supply and fit of SP 263 Cams. So the question is how can I be sure that the spare set I have are the Shrick 268s?

Yes, I think I have solved the mystery, I just called Vince at Stealth and he said check the ends for part numbers. If they contain the numbers 268 then they are the Schricks. And they do, so it seems they are! Happy days!

was going to say dont the cams have any numbers stamped on the ends. So you've got 263s in the car and a set of 268s spare, cant all be bad ;)

Well not being the expert I have just read a really long and quite contentious thread from 2009 all about cams and it seems the main points are that 268's are all about mid to top end giving an extra 10 -15 bhp. Some people who have them have reported that they have noticed a difference without a re-map although it is recommended for squeezing the most from the cams and also to improve engine life.

The 263s it seems can produce a higher bhp and is a smoother increase across the middle of the rev range. That said I have a Schrick VSR and 263 cams fitted to mine and it is what I would call sluggish at low revs, pretty quick through 2-3k. Then I reach about 4k and the engine seems to think that the apocalypse has come and dumps a huge steaming turd of power in my lap.

I should just add that all my comments surrounding this issue are what I have gleened from other people's experiences/posts. Have a look here, unless you are Kev who got so annoyed with this thread he almost started a punch up. :D http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?42729-vr6-cams